Steven Tyler quits American Idol

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ultimateclassicrock.com

Steven Tyler has announced that he will not return for a third season as a judge on ‘American Idol.’ Instead of spending another year hosting a bland televised singing competition, the Aerosmith frontman will focus on what we all know he was put on this earth to do.

In a statement released today (July 12), Tyler explains, “After some long……hard……thoughts…I’ve decided it’s time for me to let go of my mistress ‘American Idol’ before she boils my rabbit. I strayed from my first love, Aerosmith, and I’m back — but instead of begging on my hands and knees, I got two fists in the air and I’m kicking the door open with my band. The next few years are going to be dedicated to kicking some serious ass.”

Tyler surprised many fans and ruffled his longtime bandmate Joe Perry‘s feathers when he joined ‘American Idol’ two years ago. While the nationally televised spotlight gave his band’s back catalog a nice sales boost, many fans wondered how he could successfully split his attention between a music and TV career.

With Aerosmith set to release their first studio album of new material in over 10 years, ‘Music from Another Dimension,’ this November, the time seemed right to choose sides. It seems Tyler is doing so with no regrets: “’Idol’ was over the top fun, and I loved every minute of it…Now it’s time to bring rock back.”

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
:yay:

Now I am sure the new album will be released this November!! and then will come another concert tour.......

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I was sure this would happen. He seems a little out of place on the show. I can't help but wonder if he was pressured into it by the band somewhat. I know they weren't too thrilled with this gig of his. I probably won't watch the show as much anymore. I had gone back to it because he was on it.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pretty glad he isn't going to be on this show anymore actually. Can't wait for the new Aerosmith album. Haven't had that much keenness for a new rock album since Black Ice in 2008.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
th_yaysmiles.gif

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
The smart thing to do...never watched one episode of him on Idol and am very glad he's gone back to his first love. It's nice to see the band and him rejuvenated and getting ready to unleash some hell...in a figurative way.:D

They better knock our socks off with the new album, it better be along the lines of Toys and Rocks or I'll be disappointed.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online