America (Official Thread)

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
Re: The Official America Thread

My favorite song of theirs is "Daisy Jane". I think it was a hit way back when, but you never hear it anymore. An underrated tune, methinks.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I got their greatest hits awhile ago, its not too bad, they're an ok group, I must admit though I love Horse with No Name (its on San Andreas lol).

That is one of the first CD's I bought, and it's one of the best sounding ones they ever managed as well, from a production quality standpoint.

Over the years I have collected all of their albums up until one of them left the band after that I lost track of them.

Good band, nothing earthshaking but when you are kicking back relaxing a little America is a fine thing.:hab:

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

Who'd ever think George Martin and America would cross paths?

I'm trying to post something from you tube off ''Holiday'' the first album produced by George Martin - but besides ''Tin Man'' and ''Lonely People'' - no luck.

But found a 2010 live version of ''Old Man Took''

JerseyGirl

Reaction score

I love America. Surprisingly, I only have their first compilation CD...History: America's Greatest Hits.

America.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^That's the one I started with, and for the casual fan it's got all their most popular songs. It transferred to CD very well, the same cannot be said for all the classic albums.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

I agree I have one of their studio albums and one live on on CD and very tame compared to the best of, they should remaster them all, well the early ones anyway. You are right LG, top band for kicking back to. I wish they would tour more, I saw them and they blew me away. The live DVD from way back in Central Park is a really great slice of life back then and is just brilliant, cheap too:)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Anybody remember when Billy Mumy (Will Robinson / Lost In Space) was in America.

Here's a cool video with Bill in a music store (Norman's Rare Guitars) with Gerry Beckley

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Mine too Phil, I also like "Woman Tonight", they don't do many uptempo songs but those two are top notch.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Just thinking about the great America today again, I still love them, one of my faves is...

Sister Golden Hair Live

Last edited by a moderator:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online