Am I the only person who pretty much hates Metallica?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonQuest3

Banned
Reaction score
gateway to what?

To lesser known but better thrash bands. That's how it was for me at least. I started off with Slayer but pretty much dumped them when I found Kreator. Tried going back to Slayer but found them underwhelming.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Again I find the first four albums with the exception of Ride the lightning to be absolutely boring. Also I can respect progression but not stupidity. I don't consider the big four to be the height of quality in thrash metal. Lately Ive seen them as nothing more than gateway bands.

Well, I never said is was good progression :D, but you have to respect a band trying to cover new ground.

I mean, sometimes "progressive" is just changing styles for no reason.

metalmascara

rockaholic
Reaction score
I personally prefer Megadeth to Metallica other than Kill em all, which Dave wrote most of anyway. But I love and Justice for all and Ride the Lightning as well.. I'm not a big fan of any of their later stuff.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I personally prefer Megadeth to Metallica other than Kill em all, which Dave wrote most of anyway.
Just to clear this up, as I've seen this claim made numerous times by many people over the years...

Dave co-wrote 4 of the 10 songs on Kill Em All, definitely not 'most of'. He also has 2 writing credits on Ride the Lightning.

metalmascara

rockaholic
Reaction score
let me reword, Dave wrote most of what I like about that album.. I didn't mean he wrote most of the album. The stuff I like most was all Dave, and the early recordings, Dave's playing/the solo's were so awesome (in my opinion)
..most people either like Metallica or they like Megadeth, not so much both. I love both but if I had to choose I'd choose Megadeth.

metalmascara

rockaholic
Reaction score
I love Mechanix vs Horsemen for example.. the lyrics to Horsemen are definitely better but the way Dave play's it is better. Metal Militia, Jump In The Fire and Phantom Lord are my favorite Metallica songs.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
I rate Metallica highly so I think we'll just have to agree to disagree here :D

Same here.

St. Anger was horrid and Death Magnetic was decent, not great but not bad either. I have no expectations from them anymore. Even if they broke up right now I wouldn't care that much. But I do love classic Metallica very much including the Black album and parts of Load and Reload. Also, Garage Inc. kicks lots of ass! I really really love their covers!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Dragon, I get the impression that you dislike something just for association of being popular or praised. I'm not saying this as a huge Metallica fan who's offended. They aren't something I get a steady diet of but they definitely deserve their ranking in the pantheon of metal.

gguerra

Reaction score
Since I'm not a metal head I prefer their more commercial stuff.

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
I'm not a great fan of thrash metal, end of, but these guys have shown what great musicians they are with some superb slower numbers. ie I'm a fan of the later stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online