Am I the only person who pretty much hates Metallica?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonQuest3

Banned
Reaction score
Dragon, I get the impression that you dislike something just for association of being popular or praised. I'm not saying this as a huge Metallica fan who's offended. They aren't something I get a steady diet of but they definitely deserve their ranking in the pantheon of metal.

My favorite Metal bands are Black Sabbath, and Judas Priest so yeah that assumptions a bunch of bull. I find Metallica songs Jump in the fire and Shortest straw beyond annoying. I will admit I quite like Ride the lightning. To whom the Bell Tolls, Creeping Death, and Fade to Black are excellent tracks though I found The Call of Ktulu and Escape rather dull. Also as far as MOP goes it wasn't crap by any means but Orion is the mother of all filler.

DragonQuest3

Banned
Reaction score
Same here.

St. Anger was horrid and Death Magnetic was decent, not great but not bad either. I have no expectations from them anymore. Even if they broke up right now I wouldn't care that much. But I do love classic Metallica very much including the Black album and parts of Load and Reload. Also, Garage Inc. kicks lots of ass! I really really love their covers!

Its been a while since I listened to garage inc but I recall preceding the originals to all of it. Also I'm proud to say I heard Budgies Breadfan first and did not discover them through Metallica.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
My favorite Metal bands are Black Sabbath, and Judas Priest so yeah that assumptions a bunch of bull. I find Metallica songs Jump in the fire and Shortest straw beyond annoying. I will admit I quite like Ride the lightning. To whom the Bell Tolls, Creeping Death, and Fade to Black are excellent tracks though I found The Call of Ktulu and Escape rather dull. Also as far as MOP goes it wasn't crap by any means but Orion is the mother of all filler.

Hard to gauge who you like or dislike and why seeing you haven't posted here enough for us to get a good idea of your musical tastes.:think:

I like Metallica but in small doses, I find myself reaching for the Black Album, RTL and MOP more than their other recordings. I do wish they did Black Album II, with Bob Rock before they parted company. More than any other band Metallic kept the metal forges burning while music went through it's metamorphosis back then for that they do deserve respect.

DragonQuest3

Banned
Reaction score
Hard to gauge who you like or dislike and why seeing you haven't posted here enough for us to get a good idea of your musical tastes.:think:

I like Metallica but in small doses, I find myself reaching for the Black Album, RTL and MOP more than their other recordings. I do wish they did Black Album II, with Bob Rock before they parted company. More than any other band Metallic kept the metal forges burning while music went through it's metamorphosis back then for that they do deserve respect.

Didn't mean to sound harsh I just really hate when people make assumptions about me and what's going through my head. That said I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "More than any other band Metallic kept the metal forges burning while music went through it's metamorphosis back then for that they do deserve respect".

Pappy

Reaction score
First of all LULU is not a Metallica album. It never was a Metallica album, it's a Lou Reed album, written by Lou Reed featuring Metallica as a backing band. Lou Reed fans can fight an argue about the album all day and night. It took 2 weeks of Metallica's time. It was a side project that was not the followup to Death Magnetic.

As far as Metallica I love them. It doesn't bother me that others hate them. The load's don't bother me cause I came to the end via S&M so I didn't have that Thrash to Load's shock like many Metallica fans did.

I agree they are a gateway band, and see your point. That's the band that got me into heavier stuff. But it didn't make me like the band any less. Just opened me to that door to metal, and I think many people have a similar story.

What's really awesome about the band is, if you are a fan that likes to follow the band, they are one of the best to follow. Every live gig, professionally recorded, setlists changing every night, professionally filmed footage of a song or two from each show with backstage warmups, soundchecks, meet and greets included. Just wish they'd release a few more albums here and there lol.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's a TON of stuff out there that is a bazillion times worse than even the worst Metallica.

Have to agree. St Anger stands up better than a ton of garbage out there today. But Lulu, nothing is as bad as that hunk of shit.

Pappy put whatever spin on it but Metallica were on the album. It was a COLLABORATION ALBUM. Both Lou and Metallica.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I don't think I ever managed to sit through a whole track from "Lulu", but "St Anger" is not as terrible as some people make it out to be. It has some good songs, but they suffer from a bad production!

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Reload and Load are enjoyable albums more than I used to think so. They do have some mediocre filler on each but a lot of underrated gems on them too. The push towards a bluesy influenced sound I think worked nicely on its merits.

DragonQuest3

Banned
Reaction score
First of all LULU is not a Metallica album. It never was a Metallica album, it's a Lou Reed album, written by Lou Reed featuring Metallica as a backing band. Lou Reed fans can fight an argue about the album all day and night. It took 2 weeks of Metallica's time. It was a side project that was not the followup to Death Magnetic.

As far as Metallica I love them. It doesn't bother me that others hate them. The load's don't bother me cause I came to the end via S&M so I didn't have that Thrash to Load's shock like many Metallica fans did.

I agree they are a gateway band, and see your point. That's the band that got me into heavier stuff. But it didn't make me like the band any less. Just opened me to that door to metal, and I think many people have a similar story.

What's really awesome about the band is, if you are a fan that likes to follow the band, they are one of the best to follow. Every live gig, professionally recorded, setlists changing every night, professionally filmed footage of a song or two from each show with backstage warmups, soundchecks, meet and greets included. Just wish they'd release a few more albums here and there lol.

Honestly callin them Lou Reeds back up band just makes them sound pathetic. What about all the other thrash bands like Overkill. Overkill was actually making thrash metal before Metallica. While Metallica just released Death magnetic and Lulu, Overkill gave us Ironbound and the Electrc age.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And no you are not the only one who hates Metallica. Plenty of people do but people should just simply ignore them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online

No members online now.