Am I the only person who pretty much hates Metallica?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Interesting and kinda cool that a few of the 80s Metallica tunes have Kirk's riffs he used in Exodus. Creeping Death, Trapped Under Ice, Master of Puppets and I also think Damage Inc has a riff of his in there too.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
OK see this is uncalled for and your just being an ass. I've come to the conclusion no one is going to agree with me so I figured their wasn't much point in going on about it. I'm autistic so I'm not particularly great with wording things and besides I'm not trying to convince you to dislike Metallica. I wanted to see if anyone here else had similar feelings about the band, but I guess not. Anyway I'll stick to Kreator, Overkill, Mekong Delta, Voivod, and Bathory( Not thrash but he blows them all out the water).

So I wanted to be open minded and my friend and I checked out the bands you suggested. My friend is even more into Metal than I am so he can add an even more balanced perspective. Pretty much we listened to not only some of the newer stuff but the older stuff and you were right with a lot of the bands. They were more consistent but the consistency was in the generic nature of the riffs and drumbeats over time. It seems there's a certain brand of the Metal demographic who will always be satisfied as long as there's volume and fast playing. If you respect bands for just feeding you the same crap for years and years just to stay metal then more power to you. :grinthumb

Just some questions so I can better understand the bands. Was Overkill noted for being innovative in the sense that they had a Lemmy clone and the first female vocalist in the Thrash genre. Seriously, the vocalist looks and sounds like Mr. Big mated with Lambchop! There's even a Kermit the Frog sounding vocalist so maybe they were kicked off the muppet show and became angry! :D

Overkill-Elimination

I've got to give it to them though. The vocalist sounds less like a girl later on but that's just because his vocals simply turned to shit. They are consistent with their fast generic riffs and volume though so that's something?

Overkill-Electric Rattlesnake

As for Kreator, well it made me appreciate Overkill more.......so that's something? Seriously though it looks like someone watched a lot of the Addams Family on acid and decided that it was Metal. Ooooh gothy misunderstood kids and devil signs and ACME acres dynamite that never explodes! :wtf: So once again generic symbols of ooooh so bad ass rebellion against my mommy Thrash Metal with boring riffs and billy goat gruffy vocals! Awesome! :guitar::metal::headbang

Kreator-Enemy of God

And Voivod, my God! I have to give credit! Each band sounds better after I look up another suggestion. Seriously this sounds like Layne Staley doing his best or worst William Shatner impression! :zzz:

Voivod-Nothingface

So here's one of the funniest videos my friend and I ever had the privilege of cracking up over. Seriously the death bunny, bad green screen public access looking worse than Cartoon Network stoner animation with random generic badass METALLLLLLL words were like a video and song by a band that parodies these type of bands would put out! :headbang:hb::oy::guitar::geetar:

Voivod-Ravenous Medicine

But I have to give credit where it's due. I went further back and they actually did evolve into something better as there was no way possible it could've gotten shittier from that point. Looking back at this song posted below even if this was the first time an instrument was created and a caveman figured out that they could make a sound other than grunting with their vocal cords this still wouldn't be ahead of it's time as excrement has always existed as long as humanity. So even though there are instruments and a f***tard screaming his bands name it's still not music! It's pooooooooooooop! :guitar::geetar::metal::oy::hb::dm::headbang

VOOOOOOIIIIVOD!!!!! VOOOOOOOIIIIVOOOD!!!!! DEEEEEEERRRRPPPP!!!!!! vOOOOOOIIVOOOD!!!!!!

VOOOOOOOIIIIIVOD-VOOOOOOIIIIIIVOD

I'm a much worse person for going through that shit but I wanted to be fair. I will play Lulu on a loop to get that shit out of my brain! :bonk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online

No members online now.