Allman Brothers Band (Official Thread)

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score
Re: Allman Brothers Band

great band, rock music really suffered from the loss of Duane Allman. so amazing and innovative and yet doesn't come close to being as popular as Jimi Hendrix or Jimmy Page

captain ron

Reaction score

the captain is very fond of this band. i've enjoyed all eras of the band. a quick note. the band is a great working machine. dickey betts was the melody man. and it's just not a part of their sound today. but this band has always endured through the peeks and the valleys. and forged forward onward.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

At this moment I have 0 Allman Brothers albums in my library.

How about you Big fans giving me a list in Order of the best studio albums, I am aware that their live at the Filmore East is considered one of the best live recordings of it's time so fill in the rest of the gaps for me.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

Well, Lord Grendel, I think any ABB fan would suggest to pick up any of the first three albums, the ones with Duane Allman on them.

The Allman Brothers Band (1969)
Idlewild South (1970)
Eat a Peach (1972)

Also, ''Brothers And Sisters'', the first album after Duane's death is an EXCELLENT album too - full of Allman classics.

But my personal choice would be ''Idlewild South'' - it's a southern and blues rock classic. (but, weren't they all!)

mq1yb.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Okay thanks for the recommends Groovy Man, my brother owned "Eat a Peach", but I never played that one, he was also lucky enough to see them in 1973 I think, when they were still in their prime. He disappeared for 6 weeks, after the concert he stayed in Vancouver bumming around trying to find a decent job, eventually he came home and we didn't even recognize him...:heheh:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

Brilliant Thread Groovy Man one of my favourite American bands of all time. A great read top stuff.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

Dickey Betts & Great Southern

I seen this guys open for the Charlie Daniels Band years and years ago and they cooked. In this video clip, Dan Toler, aka "Dangerous Dan Toler" is on guitar, who would later on join the Allmans Brothers Band in 1979. And that his brother David "Frankie" Toler on drums. Hot band...check it out...great stuff...

Good Time Feelin'

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online