Alice In Chains (Official Thread)

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
What a monumental task replacing Layne but I think William Duvall is fantastic, and agree with Musikwala in that he and Layne sound so alike at times.
I'll be picking up the EPs for sure at some point. Just ordered Dirt and their third, self-titled album.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
What a monumental task replacing Layne but I think William Duvall is fantastic, and agree with Musikwala in that he and Layne sound so alike at times.
I'll be picking up the EPs for sure at some point. Just ordered Dirt and their third, self-titled album.

Awesome

S Levi W

Dr. Rock
Reaction score
Sap is, and will always be my favorite AIC album .. even if it's an ep. :)

S Levi W

Dr. Rock
Reaction score
I think Duvall sort of confirms how important Cantrell's vocals were integral to the band. It's almost as if anyone who harmonizes with Jerry can muster up that magical dynamic, not to put down Duvall. He's deserving of any praise, and I'm glad AIC is still around.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Okay, I finally made time and got The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here. Several songs stand out after a few listens: Hollow, Voices, Stone, Scalpel, Pretty Done, Phantom Limb... in the order of how long it took for the songs to grow on me. Still listening to the album and trying to warm up to the other songs. But I can already tell that this is gonna be as enjoyable as Black Gives Way To Blue! Yayyy I love my 90s favourites still alive and kicking!

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Oh man I love this album now! Watched the official video for the title track over the weekend and it took me back to the 90s to videos like Black Hole Sun and Vasoline. The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here has such a typical grunge video! Love it!! :D Also tried watching videos for Hollow, Stone and Voices but they wouldn't load properly beyond like a minute... damn my crap internet connection!

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Glad you like it. That album is for me the better of the two Duvall era albums.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online