Alice In Chains (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Listening to Black Gives Way To Blue for the first time in a year or so. Great album with its share of drawbacks. I think The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here is vastly superior but this one has some great songs on it like Check My Brain, A Looking In View.

I like Alice in Chains acoustic songs too like Your Decision.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Listening to Black Gives Way To Blue for the first time in a year or so. Great album with its share of drawbacks. I think The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here is vastly superior but this one has some great songs on it like Check My Brain, A Looking In View.

I like Alice in Chains acoustic songs too like Your Decision.

^^^ :grinthumb

I think Check My Brain is the best track they have done since Layne Staley died...it's a total blast - they can do no wrong for me...

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Check My Brain is impressive also. Alice In Chains are one of the rare bands that lost a great frontman but were able to continue with great success like AC/DC did. :)
Even what some people perceive (myself included) as weaker albums I still love them but my favourite will always be Dirt and Facelist. The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here sits third on that list. :)

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
I want to get The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here. I have always loved this band. Favourite albums: Jar Of Flies followed by Dirt.

I thought Black Gives Way To Blue was a brilliant comeback with a new vocalist that sounded so much like Staley! All Secrets Known, Check My Brain, Your Decision etc. are great songs very reminiscent of the early 90s. The album sounded like a continuation of the last one with Staley.

...which makes me more curious about Devil Put Dinosaurs Here. But for some reason I haven't found the time to pick this one up. :uh:

I hate getting older and having responsibilities and shit! lol.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Nah, responsibilities are the work of life...bwahahahahaahaha

Jar of Flies was the first album I bought after Dirt convinced me this band was worth a shit. I should have caught on years earlier but I'm easily turned off by schlock.

fps

Reaction score
£3.99 for S/T? DONE DEAL.

Such a great album.

fps

Reaction score
They were awesome at Download:)

After what I thought was a slightly characterless Mastodon display (and I love Mastodon), Chains came on and RULED it.

On a slight side note, the two-disc Degradation Trip by Jerry is possibly his crowning achievement.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Just recently been taking notice of these guys, mostly thanks to airplay on the rock radio stations I listen to. Loving both old and new tracks I've heard so far and picked up their debut, Facelift, yesterday in HMV. Will definitely be working my way through all their work :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Staff online

Members online