Alice In Chains (Official Thread)

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Just recently been taking notice of these guys, mostly thanks to airplay on the rock radio stations I listen to. Loving both old and new tracks I've heard so far and picked up their debut, Facelift, yesterday in HMV. Will definitely be working my way through all their work :grinthumb

I'm jealous, wish I could go through their catalog for the first time again! You're gonna love 'em. :bow:

Make sure to get their Unplugged eventually. I actually think it's the #1 best unplugged, even over people like Nirvana and Neil Young. :grinthumb

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Jar Of Flies is not only my favourite AiC album (EP), it is one of my favourite rock albums ever to chill to. Sound wise, it is quite a contrast from the hard rocking Dirt and Facelift.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The SAP EP is also one worth going for. Listening to it right now and enjoy the more mellow nature and acoustic drive to these songs. The tune Got Me Wrong has a nice groovy riff to it. The unplugged version is also really neat.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing these guys again at Sonisphere, Tray you will love all their albums, they are all very good and the new vocalist is excellent.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
and the new vocalist is excellent.

Absolutely! I don't really get the complaints from Layne Staley purists. The new guy even sounds a lot like Layne, though he doesn't sound exactly like him obviously. But it's not like they found him through some crappy reality show or something. So I would say quit yer bitchin' and enjoy the music! :D

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Layne Staley purists are entitled to their opinion. In saying that though I do think some go over the top, I enjoy Duvall's vocals sure as hell more than Cantrell.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JessKellow

Members online

No members online now.