Ages for classic rock listeners

thatonegirl

chelly
Reaction score
im 17, and i grew up with classic rock, and funk. Love it all! My daddy had good taste and had me listening to it since i was a baby...lol, i kinda had no choice but to like it...but if i did have a choice i would still choose to listen to that old time rock and roll!

Midnight Rider

Captain Karma
Reaction score
My interest in rock came on a Sunday night many years ago. My older brother made me watch this mop haired foursome on The Ed Sullivan show. The rest, as they say, is history.

Foggy Hat

Reaction score
Buff said:
Keep it up Foggy, it's always encouraging to know that the next generation is keeping the good music alive. Don't worry about what anyone else thinks. You're perfectly normal (and judging by your journal, my DH would consider you perfect noting the fisherman that you are).

Thank you Buff! I will definetly pass on this great music to the next generation, as I'm sure you will too.

I do get made fun of for my choice of music, but i don't care one bit anymore, I can't stand the new crap being put out by bands these days. So void of talent, and real musical ability.
Just one question: Whats a DH?

Buff

~going mobile~
Reaction score
oh, sorry, "other board" speak. That stands for "dear husband" (some days it stands for d*ck head tho LOL)

Joey Self

A Voice Of Reason
Reaction score
48 here.

I'm always encouraged to learn that younger listeners enjoy classic rock. Not because it validates my tastes in music--I don't need that--but because it means (a) there will probably be radio stations playing it around here and (b) it may encourage bands from the next generations to try to create music with some staying power.

JcS

jimmypagerocks52

Reaction score
I am 17 and I am a rockahalic, I take some heat for it thou, i often get the " that music sucks" or " how can you listen to crap from 30 years ago" i notice that the ppl that say thease thing often have no idea why they like the music the do, my guess its what mtv says is cool, but for the life of them they cant describe how the music makes them feel and cant name more then a few songs from there "most fav band in the world" but when thease insults are slung at me i just smile and think ten years from now ppl will laugh at there music like we do now days with M.C. hammer and vanila ice, but bands like the beatles, jimi hendrix and led zeppelin will always be loved and idolized.

So anyway i dont think there is a classic rock age there the oldies that grew up with it and were there to see it all in person and then the younger ppl like me who are in complet awe of the bands and envy the chances you had to see the bands while they were still around.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online