Ages for classic rock listeners

deezee

Reaction score
Foggy Hat said:
I am 14 years old, and I love classic rock (oviously). Is that really unusual?
Most of the kids at my school haddn't listened to any of the stuff until I introduced it to them, and they all like it. But I only know one other person that likes Classic Rock as much as I do, and is a freak about it.
I saw that some people on this forum were in their late 40s, making them older than my own father. What do think is the average age of a classic rock listener, or is it normal for all ages to listen to it?

Please state your age when you post in this thread.

well i'm old enough to be your (gulp!) grandmother (54) and couldn't be happier to see lots of people on here who are your age. i think it's great that so many posters have parents who got them into classic rock and can recognize a good thing when they see it. my dad was a jazz/big band musician and when i was a kid i couldn't run fast away from that kind of music fast enough.

Buff

~going mobile~
Reaction score
You don't have to be any particular age to appreciate good music. I was myself a teen in the 80's and listening to The Who, Zep, Floyd and The Stones when the majority were turning into zombies over Madonna, Duran Duran and The Thompson Twins (EWWWWWWWWWWW). I had a number of friends who enjoyed the same (ugh, I just couldn't get in to that techno stuff of the 80's, still makes me cringe). I'm already getting my 5 y/o on board, she sings all the words to Mr. Blue Sky, Going Mobile ( ::grin:: ) and Eclipse. I'll be doing the same with this new little one when s/he arrives.

Keep it up Foggy, it's always encouraging to know that the next generation is keeping the good music alive. Don't worry about what anyone else thinks. You're perfectly normal (and judging by your journal, my DH would consider you perfect noting the fisherman that you are).

I'm 39.

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
Classic Rock was popular when I was growing up...I was 8 yrs old in '75 and remember hearing Brownsville Station, (Smoking in The Boys Room), The Guess Who, (Star Baby), and lots of other current tunes on the radio......Road Food by The Guess Who was my first official Rock album.....(has some great tunes on it)
I guess ever since then, good rock has been the norm for me...the 80's was a huge departure from blues-based rock but it did come back eventually.

Buff

~going mobile~
Reaction score
Drummer Chris said:
Classic Rock was popular when I was growing up...I was 8 yrs old in '75 and remember hearing Brownsville Station, (Smoking in The Boys Room), The Guess Who, (Star Baby), and lots of other current tunes on the radio......Road Food by The Guess Who was my first official Rock album.....(has some great tunes on it)
I guess ever since then, good rock has been the norm for me...the 80's was a huge departure from blues-based rock but it did come back eventually.

LOL, I remember singing Smoking in The Boys Room in second grade and the teacher telling me "that's not a great song for a little girl to sing!"

Blah blah blah, I'm still singing it, but so is my little daugher, guess it doesn't sound right coming from a 5 y/o. Oh well, guess there are worse things...

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
Hey Buff, it was a cool rebellious song back in the day....the original stands way above Motley Crue's version....that singer of Brownsville station had a badddd voice!

Jessi

Reaction score
I'm 20, and have been listening to classic rock since I was about 15.

I actually know a lot of people in my age range who like classic rock, but many of them have a skewed concept of what it is. I meet almost no other Beatles fanatics my age - they all like AC/DC (which, no offense to anyone here, but I can't stand AC/DC!). I also find most people my age like songs, but know nothing about classic rock bands.

deezee

Reaction score
Jessi said:
I'm 20, and have been listening to classic rock since I was about 15.

I actually know a lot of people in my age range who like classic rock, but many of them have a skewed concept of what it is. I meet almost no other Beatles fanatics my age - they all like AC/DC (which, no offense to anyone here, but I can't stand AC/DC!). I also find most people my age like songs, but know nothing about classic rock bands.

hey jessie

if you haven't discovered it already you might try the beatlelinks forum as most of the people on it seem to be closer to your age. LOTS of young beatles fans on there.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online