Aerosmith (Official Thread)

Reaction score
Re: The Official Aerosmith Thread

I'm proud to say I saw them live over the summer and it was excellent... Steven Tyler is the only 60 year old man that can prance around like that and not deserve to be hit:lmao:
I like pretty much all of their 70s output..
I do like Just Push Play as well, but it is a pretty bad album, it has a few really catchy songs on it ... Obviously an insanely great band

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score

I'm probably in the minority here but I don't think their work after 1981 measures up at all the the albums released prior to '81. Just didn't seem as hard or as catchy. I'm a huge fan of pre-81 Aerosmith and can't stand them post-81. Weird isn't it?

My brother actually makes the case (jokingly) that they were better on drugs than when they cleaned themselves up. When you think about it though.....:D

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

One of my favorite bands ever!! Sad to see what Tyler is doing....

A couple of my favorites....

I could post 10 more easily!!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I was reading an article in our paper today, Joe Perry is opening for Motley Crue here in a day or two. He was saying Steve just hangs up on him when he tries to talk about what's happening, and that Aerosmith has no intention on waiting for two years for Tyler to recover from his leg and foot operations. Perry says they are looking for a singer to tour with until Steve decides what he wants to do. And Steve is recording a solo album, so looks kind of murky for the classic Aerosmith line-up for the foreseeable future.:(

Rocker440

Reaction score

I was reading an article in our paper today, Joe Perry is opening for Motley Crue here in a day or two. He was saying Steve just hangs up on him when he tries to talk about what's happening, and that Aerosmith has no intention on waiting for two years for Tyler to recover from his leg and foot operations. Perry says they are looking for a singer to tour with until Steve decides what he wants to do. And Steve is recording a solo album, so looks kind of murky for the classic Aerosmith line-up for the foreseeable future.:(

What's the big hurry to find another singer? Many bands take quite some time in between recording sessions. Even if they manage to find another singer that sounds similar to Steven Tyler, if that is what their looking for, that might not be adventagious for the band, nor the fans. :huh: I believe Steve wrote or co-wrote many of the great songs that Aerosmith has done, having another singer will most likely affect the songwriting within the band, too. :cloud:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Bootleg is a must have "live" album......excellent choice MP

It's one I keep coming back to time and time again for an Aerosmith fix :grinthumb

Had a great poster for this album too :heheh:

A "Must Have" disc IMO???

a31a828fd7a0113c4ad60110.L._AA240_.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

What's the big hurry to find another singer? Many bands take quite some time in between recording sessions. Even if they manage to find another singer that sounds similar to Steven Tyler, if that is what their looking for, that might not be adventagious for the band, nor the fans. :huh: I believe Steve wrote or co-wrote many of the great songs that Aerosmith has done, having another singer will most likely affect the songwriting within the band, too. :cloud:

The way I read between the lines in the interview Joe and the rest of the band are frustrated because Tyler won't talk to them about anything to do with the bands future plans, then when he announced he plans to record his own solo album he took the other band members by surprise.

So to me Tyler has made the first move in the internal politics of the band, and they are responding by saying if Steven wants to record his own material, coupled with the fact he needs an operation and rehab time that they are Not going to sit with their collective thumbs up their asses and intend to keep Aerosmith alive and well no matter what the future brings.

Also Joe mentioned that many times before when various original members were sick or needed time for personal things, they toured with replacements, the intent was never to permanently replace anyone, but to tour and when things got back to normal the original band would be together again.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

Would be a shame to see them without Tyler, I have seen them twice and they were excellent, Joe's cd is good, free with Classic rock this month:)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online