Adele

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I am absolutely stunned by how wonderful 21 is. I had only casually listened to it before when I borrowed it from someone but since buying it I've given it some in-depth listens and I must say there is not a single song on that album I will skip over! This woman puts a lot of soul into each of her songs and you can relate to her, a quality I love because I usually care not for female solo vocalists in the least!

I think my favorite from the album is "Set Fire to the Rain" but WOW is her version of "Lovesong" simply stunning! Amazing how a female touch and Adele's style can add so much soul to this song. I've always been a fan of the original Cure version as well as the 311 version but let's face it, the song was somewhat dull and dreary before 311 covered it and Adele brought it to a whole new level. I think everything this woman touches turns to gold!

I also think that "He Won't Go" has a strong R&B vibe to it! Reminds me of something Mary J. would do almost. I dig it!

I'm obsessed and I'm for sure buying 19 in the foreseeable future. :bow:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
"Set Fire To The Rain" is probably my favorite from "21" too, Jen. Also, I bought both of Adele's albums for my mother's birthday later in the month. One thing I have to say about "21" though is that a lot of the songs are kind of too sappy for me at this point. As emotional as they are it's just kind of ballad overload for me, ya know?

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Which is why I'm completely shocked that I took so well to the album! I am usually NOT one for sappy ballads and love tunes but Adele is so relatable, raw and real that I still dig it.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Maybe her broken heart music just clicks with your tormented female soul. :D

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
That's it! Total chick music. Sooty needs to back up outta this thread. :heheh:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Nah, Sooty knows his way around a tormented female soul. I say he's cool to stay. :D

Besides, I'm willing to bet he likes Adele more than I do anyway so if anyone should leave it's me. :heheh:

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
^^^ Well you know what they say about every male having a little estrogen in them, and vice versa for females. :heheh:

Here's a more upbeat song for your ballad-loathing soul CH. ;)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
^^^ Well you know what they say about every male having a little estrogen in them, and vice versa for females. :heheh:

Actually, I don't. What do they say? (I feel like of all people I should be the one to know that already :heheh:)

And "Rumor Has It" is actually the song that I like the least from "21". That song is all chorus and I think the chorus is actually rather dull. The one saving grace of the song though is that I really like that more free formed piano part towards the end.

A non ballad off of that album that I really love is "I'll Be Waiting". I like how the horn section is used with the piano in that sort of classic Jerry Lee Lewis/Little Richard kind of way. :D

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I think the least memorable moment for the album in my opinion is Don't You Remember. Just a little too corny for me. I'll still listen to it though because I could never hate one of her songs.

It took me awhile to get into Someone Like You though. I still think Turning Tables is better. Darn poll makes me mentally compare them when I hear them now. :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online