70s Schlock (Guilty Pleasures)

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
Beach Baby, Hitchin' A Ride, Brandy, Ride Captain Ride and Summer Breze were all favorites of mine growing up in the early 70's. :cheers:

I don't consider them schlock at all. And certainly not Bob Welch's Ebony Eyes either. His first solo album in '77 was awesome!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have looked for that album but can only find a few songs Dave78...I liked "French Kiss".

Bucky is there any video of that Awesome performance at the Karaoke Bar??:heheh:

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
Here's another one I bought on 45 rpm single,,,Fox is going crucify me for this pick...:heheh:

Giggle! Speaking of fathers, I think mine actually liked that tune! After hearing it on the radio quite a few times, he asked me why the band was making the abominable request "I Want Chicago Die", meaning it must have actually intruded upon his consciousness.

:lols:

Last edited:

rtbuck

Reaction score
LG, I wish there was video!! Somewhere around this house is a cassette of it. I also brought the house down with "Minnie the Moocher" by Cab Calloway that night. I had a riot

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Lots of good ones so far!

Bay City Rollers! :lmao:

Nice one Metal Priest! :grinthumb

OK, This one's a good one...

I always liked the lyrics to this song...

''Spiders & Snakes'' by Jim Stafford

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
My Mom Loved that song Groovy Man...she was a big Stafford fan.

Foxhound that was funny, my Dad never cared what I listened to, the only exception was when my older brother brought "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" home and he happened to see the cover...boy that was one for the family history books.:lmao:

As it turns out he never did become a Satanist, and Sabbath was just a really good heavy metal band.

rtbuck

Reaction score
I always liked Jim Stafford. I used to laugh at his eyes when he'd sing that was when he'd be on variety & talk shows. I think he was on an episode of Hee Haw also

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online

No members online now.