70s Schlock (Guilty Pleasures)

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
Hey, Thumper... the crowd I hung out with always went to 42nd St. in Newport. It was kind of a drive from the Glendale area, but it was worth it. For some reason we never went to HB, though. When my sister went to UCI and I had a free place to crash I would head down MacArthur Blvd. to Corona Del Mar, just on the other side of The Wedge. Those were the days!

But, yeah... all those beaches in Orange County are just terrific - HB, Newport, Corona Del Mar, Laguna, Dana Point - especially Dana Point for taking the jet skis out in the open ocean or jumping incoming waves in the cove north of the marina. :cheers:

Last edited:

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
Dug up some more remembered gems.

Remember this from Slapshot?

Clap For The Wolfman

You know the band performs in the nude!

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
Here's another one from early 70's A.M. radio

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Sugarloaf's "Don't Call Us, We'll Call You" is a great song.:tup: Took me a long time to find it and put it in the library.

Reaction score

I don't know if "Draggin' The Line" is really something I'd consider "schlock" but, maybe:heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I like Draggin' the Line.:D

Here's a song that one of my best friends in junior high couldn't get enough of...and we all were kind of "Influenced" by her cuteness factor admittedly.:blush:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Not sure if I, personally, would call any of this stuff "schlock", but I'm sure
some people would. I'll admit it, I love me a bit of Andy and his older Brothers Gibb....

Here's a just a few of their hits:

Andy Gibb - I Just Want To Be Your Everything

Shadow Dancing

Bee Gees - Nights on Broadway

Bee Gees - Night Fever

Berndawg

Reaction score
Yup, there was a lot of Bubble Gum music out there. But you want to know what? Even though they were usually very simplistic musically, they were
catchy tunes and were fun to listen too. The big difference between the fluff then and now, back then it was actually good. Even though most won't
admit it, who didn't have a 45 from ABBA, KC, Sweet, and hell even the
Bay City Rollers. Soon as the guys came over, shove that under the bed, on goes the Sabbath, Zeppelin.

I love listening to that stuff know. I get all kinds of locks playing it while driving.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online