70s Schlock (Guilty Pleasures)

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
Foxhound that was funny, my Dad never cared what I listened to, the only exception was when my older brother brought "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" home and he happened to see the cover...boy that was one for the family history books.

As it turns out he never did become a Satanist, and Sabbath was just a really good heavy metal band.

Pity. A Satanist in the family always makes for a good conversation starter at family gatherings and such.

:D

All it took to freak my father out was the album cover to "In the Court of the Crimson King":

court-crimson-king.jpg

I told him I'd bought that one because I'd already picked up Santana's debut album the previous week and the Stones' next album wasn't coming out for a while. Made perfect sense to me.

:dunno:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Truer words were never spoken RE.:D

Here's yet another song I bought on 45 rpm single...and I still have a copy laying around somewhere.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I love Dr. Hook 70's Guy...:D

Their greatest hits album "The Best of Dr. Hook & The Medicine Show" is one of my favorite compilation CD's.

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
All the songs I consider to be "Schlock" would be songs found on a.m. radio in the early-to-mid 70's.

But one song I always liked, though some thought of it as a bubblegum hit, was Jay Furguson's "Thunder Island" from 1977. I'm sure I liked it so much because it came out near the end of the school year and it was beach weather and I couldn't help thinking about all the beach babes. :heybaby:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I've reread this whole thread and it would be easier for me to list the one or two songs I Don't own than all the ones I have.:D

Here's another one, and yeah I have it on CD.:blush:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I liked it so much because it came out near the end of the school year and it was beach weather and I couldn't help thinking about all the beach babes. :heybaby:

Which beaches did you hang out on Dave?? I grew up in Huntington Beach.. Laguna.. Newport... Long Beach.. all nice places to babe watch..

But I agree with you on the AM stuff.. I just can't think of any ones right now.. There were a lot of silly songs or cheesy ones..:D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online