70s Schlock (Guilty Pleasures)

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
Good Lord!! Even I won't go into Leif Garret/John Travolta territory.:omg:

Maybe Debbie Boone or Morris Albert....no, I can't...I won't. Eric Carmen, now that's a different story. Nice hair, Eric.:lmao:

And with the Raspberries.

Actually there's nothing guilty about listening to the Raspberries. They were a very good power pop group. Made some nice records.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I like Eric Carmen R. Evans...:D

Donna Summer on the other hand,,,Hep how could you?...:heheh:

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
Donna Summer on the other hand,,,Hep how could you?...:heheh:

So I was playing either the album with "Love to Love You" or the one with "Try Me" on my stereo in the seventies (which by the way consisted of a Garrard SL95B turntable with a Shure M91ED cartridge, a Sansui AU-101 amplifier and Sansui speakers), when my very old-school brewery worker father came into my room to check what I was playing. Could he have been intrigued by her sighs and moans? He didn't say. He just took a look at the seductive black woman in the flimsy night garments on the cover of the LP, and left my room without comment.

51KnHuCyg0L._SS500_.jpg

:lols:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
That's great that you remember every detail so vividly, I imagine your Dad gave up hope for you at that point...:D

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
Either that or he may have liked what he was hearing but there was no way he was going to admit to it.

:lols:
Did you ever find your Donna Summer album underneath his mattress in his bedroom? That's what happened to one of my Playboy magazines. But I went and got it back. :heheh:

Reaction score

here's another one I am guilty of liking....I should not like this awful, horrible, so stereotypical songwriting...

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
70's Guy I don't know what is worse the song or their clothes, man those are just awful looking!...:eek:

My old school buddy sang that one over and over and over EB...drove me crazy!!

But listening to the Real version it's not so bad.

Here's another one I bought on 45 rpm single,,,Fox is going crucify me for this pick...:heheh:

rtbuck

Reaction score
I love all these songs especially Chevy Van & How Do You Do which is a great singalong for me & the wife. I always sing the high part & my wife does the low growling parts! (& no I'm not Kidding!). I'll never forget our wedding rehearsal party 17 years ago. Both families filled up this club on karaoke night. The DJ had my wife & the other girls onstage & made them sing "Like a Virgin" & then he called up the guys & tried to embarass me by having "I Think I love You" by the Partridge family cued up. I grabbed that mic & was all over the stage & floor singing.I didn't even need the lyrics!!!

Here's one of my favorites:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online

No members online now.