40 Bands not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

TheHealer

Reaction score
Just because they are not in a building does not mean their contributions are not recognized. Take a look at this forum and us mentioning those bands. Take a look at the artists that bands not in the RnR HOF have influenced.

People get too worked up over this shit.

It's not a matter of people getting worked up.

It's an issue of respect towards artists from an institution that was created to honor such artists but has not done so.

The fans obviously recognize the greatness and importance of the artists not recognized by the RnR HOF.

That's not the point.

A Hall Of Fame should be a place of great honor and prestige not a farce like the RnR HOF has become because of their decision to continue to ignore and disrespect artists that have made great music, been influential and have left a musical legacy in the history of Rock n Roll.

I understand there are people who do not consider the whole issue an important matter and that's Ok.

I also think its Ok for people who do think that the lack of respect being given by the RnR HOF to artists who deserve respect & recognition is something worth talking about.

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
This is not new. RRHOF bashing has been going on as long as I have been on music forums. And most of my rock music collection is not in it. And I like it that way.

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
Deep Purple, Foreigner, Kiss, Judas Prest, Journey, Bad Company and Iron Maiden is NOT in the Hall of Fame, and Run DMC, Michael Jackson and Madonna (in my opinion, have little in common with a real rock'n'roll), are present there. This organization - is absolutely nonsense anf profanity.:mad

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
It's not a matter of people getting worked up.

It's an issue of respect towards artists from an institution that was created to honor such artists but has not done so.

The fans obviously recognize the greatness and importance of the artists not recognized by the RnR HOF.

That's not the point.

A Hall Of Fame should be a place of great honor and prestige not a farce like the RnR HOF has become because of their decision to continue to ignore and disrespect artists that have made great music, been influential and have left a musical legacy in the history of Rock n Roll.

I understand there are people who do not consider the whole issue an important matter and that's Ok.

I also think its Ok for people who do think that the lack of respect being given by the RnR HOF to artists who deserve respect & recognition is something worth talking about.

Well thinking it is an issue that a band was not inducted into a building is getting worked up. It is a trivial thing to complain about IMO because
it is only a BUILDING like I said before. As long as their is respect among artists and as long as their are fans continue to keep that band alive even once they are no longer active that is what matters. Buildings can be torn down. Music can live on.

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
^^It's all in good fun Mud, I have no problem with people blowing a virtual "gasket" over the fact Madonna is in the HOF and the bands TrekkieELO listed are not.

That alone makes the whole thing farcical to me.
I know it is all in good fun LG haha, but to act as if being inducted into it speaks about a band's greatness and influence is just :wtf: to me.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
In a way, I compare the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame to the yearly Academy Awards "In Memoriam" segment where they rush to acknowledge as many people in the movie business who died the previous year as they can fit in within a 2:30 to 3 minute trailer.

Sometimes, it is more about who gets snubbed than who makes it.

Over the years, the Academy has distanced itself from a lot of people who ended up doing low-brow or direct-to-video work later in their career, a couple examples over the past 10-12 years being Jim Varney (of the Ernest series) and Corey Haim. Hell, it has even gotten to the point where they sometimes won't even include previous Oscar nominees or winners, admittedly mostly from decades ago, in some of the packages during a given year.

joe

Reaction score
I would say at least 25 of the artists mentioned in the OP first post don't belong in the hall IMO.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
I would say at least 25 of the artists mentioned in the OP first post don't belong in the hall IMO.

I agree with you, at least regarding people like the Beastie Boys and George Thorogood, both of whom I enjoy listening to by the way, but a full 25? Damn, you are tough. Ha ha :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Staff online

Members online