40 Bands not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

oscar gamble

Do The 45
Reaction score
This is not new. RRHOF bashing has been going on as long as I have been on music forums. And most of my rock music collection is not in it. And I like it that way.

Yep, I used to post on the RRHOF boards, back when they had something similar to this. Must have been about 1997 or so. The bashing (much of it warranted) was going on then too.

Since then, I've come to think most of the quibbling over who's in and who's not is pretty meaningless. The hall is pretty meaningless too.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
OK, I'll say it: The Monkees should be in. They had three #1 singles and four #1 albums. In 1967 they were the biggest selling act of the year (outselling the Beatles and the Stones combined).

Yes and from the 50's through the 70's Liberace was the highest payed performer in the world (more than The Beatles, The Stones, Zeppelin, Elvis, and dozens of others in their prime). Since he's not in the Rock Hall (not that I think he should be) I think it's safe to say that sales aren't everything...The Stooges are proof of that. :D

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
Gotcha, but here's the point I was trying to make. The people who run the Hall say that there's no set criteria in the nominating and voting. I'm just saying that in terms of sales, continuing popularity and influence, the Monkees at least deserve to be considered.

PinkZeppelin

Reaction score
You forgot def leppard, Kansas, and Boston. Those guys have to be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, right!

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Gotcha, but here's the point I was trying to make. The people who run the Hall say that there's no set criteria in the nominating and voting. I'm just saying that in terms of sales, continuing popularity and influence, the Monkees at least deserve to be considered.

Oh I agree. I think the Monkees deserve to at least be nominated but I think there are other groups who deserve it first.

You forgot def leppard, Kansas, and Boston. Those guys have to be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, right!

Boston certainly deserves some recognition for their first album but in comparison I think their follow ups were all disappointing in comparison. Kansas is a great, underrated prog group but they're mainly known for only two songs (though that didn't stop the likes of Buffalo Springfield, huh?). Def Leppard is not only a popular group but still plugging along so they certainly deserve it.

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
4.heart: Excellent hard rock singles from the mid/late 70's. Most albums from this time period had a few good tracks on them, but overall, not very strong. They also had a resurgence in the mid 80's. Ann and nancy are great vocalists...but.

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Leppard should be in...not only for the entire career and style changes, but c'mon...Hysteria alone.

Hello?? 7 singles from one album??? Add this to everything else?

:bonk:

Rocket Roll

Reaction score
It doesn't really matter who is or isn't in the "hall of fame", the whole thing is a joke. I'd agree with what the Sex Pistols said about it.

KingHeadache

Banned
Reaction score
Some artists belong in some kind of Hall of Fame, but just not in the so called official one:zzz:

We need a Hall Of Quality !!

Yeah and there´s intelligence, in space, but bugger all down here on earth.

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
Gram Parson has yet to be inducted in the The Rock and Roll Hall of Shame or The Country Music Hall of Fame....His protégée, Emmylou Harris was inducted in 2008!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online