1970's Soudtracks. Grease VS. Saturday Night Fever

1970's Soundtrack Battle: Grease Vs. Saturday Night Fever

• Total voters

ANF

Reaction score
^^^ When speaking of the movies, I'd agree completely. however I assumed we were talking about the Soundtracks to each of those movies.

You're right. It was where you said you were surprised the soundtrack would be more memorable to people. But I would say to the younger generations that have kept Grease current, they likely know more Grease songs from seeing the movie than SNF where they might know "Stayin' Alive" and nothing more if they don't follow The Bee Gees.

~Banshee~

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reaction score
Grease is the better film but the songs are just too cheesey so I went for

Saturday Night Fever

JimJam

Reaction score
Grease. I enjoy them both when in the mood.

I originally saw SNF months after it was released at a dollar theatre. I thought it would suck but was surprised by how much i enjoyed it. Grease was off my radar when released (i had seen the Broadway show a few years - and lifetimes - earlier) but it's on tv so often i inevitably became aware of it.

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Saturday Night Fever was everything bad for me in the 70's. Hated it. Grease was a thousand times better and gets my vote.

JimJam

Reaction score
Saturday Night Fever was everything bad for me in the 70's. Hated it. Grease was a thousand times better and gets my vote.

Yeah, i had zero interest in disco and that's why i didn't bother seeing the movie for months and only when it was dirt cheap. I don't recall seeing anyone who wore one of those polyester suits that are worn in the movie, which are now symbolic of the era. But i guess some people did!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Staff online

Members online