The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust & the Spiders from Mars vs A Night at the Opera

Which do you prefer?

• The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust & the Spiders from Mars

• A Night at the Opera

Results are only viewable after voting.

STATUS QUO

Reaction score
Well considering that Ziggy Stardust is one of the best and greatest albums ever made and Queen are one of the most overrated Bands in history, there's no competition.
Queen have done a few good Rock songs, and the rest of their catalogue is horrible, camp, rubbish.
People are like Lemmings, they'd follow each other over the edge of a cliff, because the mainstream media told them to.
Two of the biggest myths in music history perpetuated by the media are that Queen and The Rolling Stones are the two greatest Rock Bands.
Another great myth is that Elton John could still sing after his throat operation in the 80's.
Elton's vocal range was diminished by 90%.
The Rolling Stones are a loose and sloppy Band who think they are wearing The Emperor's New Clothes.
When I hear Queen songs it confirms for me that STATUS QUO from the 60's to the early 80's were the greatest, best, most genuine and honest Rock Band on the Planet.

Back on topic, Bowie at his worst was better than Queen at their best.

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Well considering that Ziggy Stardust is one of the best and greatest albums ever made and Queen are one of the most overrated Bands in history, there's no competition.
Queen have done a few good Rock songs, and the rest of their catalogue is horrible, camp, rubbish.
People are like Lemmings, they'd follow each other over the edge of a cliff, because the mainstream media told them to.
Two of the biggest myths in music history perpetuated by the media are that Queen and The Rolling Stones are the two greatest Rock Bands.
Another great myth is that Elton John could still sing after his throat operation in the 80's.
Elton's vocal range was diminished by 90%.
The Rolling Stones are a loose and sloppy Band who think they are wearing The Emperor's New Clothes.
When I hear Queen songs it confirms for me that STATUS QUO from the 60's to the early 80's were the greatest, best, most genuine and honest Rock Band on the Planet.

Back on topic, Bowie at his worst was better than Queen at their best.
As an alleged lemming, I'm going to vote for Queen's Night At The Opera for the sublime '39 and the brilliant (my own opinion only) Bohemian Rhapsody. Freddie with moustache Queen was awful!
I hate to do it, but I agree on your point on the Stones (sorry Nai) and Elton John, especially their post-70's stuff.

Last edited:

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
I cannot speak many opinions on Status Quo because I never found them interesting enough to invest in but if you are saying Queen did not create good music.. well I suppose there are two sides to every coin and now you needn’t look further for proof.

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
Chose Bowie......but TBH was never a huge fan of either....but I like more of the tracks on it than Night At the Opera.
BTW,,,everyone knows the greatest rock band of all time was Led Zep. :rock:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Chose Bowie......but TBH was never a huge fan of either....but I like more of the tracks on it than Night At the Opera.
BTW,,,everyone knows the greatest rock band of all time was Led Zep. :rock:

naw…the greatest band was Aerosmith.;)

Mr Mojo Risin

Cactus Brew Drinker
Reaction score
Damn man that's just tough. I'll go for my favorite Bowie album. Night at the Opera is a fantastic album but not my favorite, prefer even earlier Queen

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online