• "Sabotage" - BLACK SABBATH.

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • "Weekend Warriors" - TED NUGENT.

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah not wrong there. Just seems though regarding Powerage that way too much attention goes to Highway To Hell and not enough people seem to notice Powerage as an album, I think its superior in every way personally because of the raw production and unlike HTH I like every single tune on Powerage.

Hold Your Fire I never understood the criticism because to me that is one of their better 80s albums.
Hell, I think your name says it all as far as how cool "Powerage" is whether or not you chose the song "Riff Raff" simply because of it. "Riff Raff" is a fine name either way, but much better if you chose it because of AC/DCs best, highly underrated album "Powerage." Everyone knows "Dirty Deeds" & "Highway", but I've heard more than enough of them whereas I don't think I've ever heard anything of/on "Powerage" as far as the radio goes unfortunately. The only radio that I really care about nowadays is "The Spirit Of Radio" by Rush.:cheers2

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Fair Warning, Hold Your Fire and Powerage are my picks.

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
As a side note, I also wanted to say that "Venom Soup" from "Weekend Warriors" is one of my all time favorite Ted Nugent songs.:D

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
Fair Warning is NOT underrated! You can easily argue it's the best VH album...Actually they dropped like a boulder in Lake Superior after that album...Diver Down was a fitting title for the album after Fair Warning. But, I through a vote in for Fair Warning anyway because it's the best album listed.

The two that I say are underrated, but are actually good:

Aerosmith - Done With Mirrors, and KISS - Dynasty

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
Fair Warning is NOT underrated! You can easily argue it's the best VH album...Actually they dropped like a boulder in Lake Superior after that album...Diver Down was a fitting title for the album after Fair Warning. But, I through a vote in for Fair Warning anyway because it's the best album listed.
So what if "Diver Down" was a bust & one of Van Halen's worst albums. Why would that keep "Fair Warning" from being underrated? The only song that ever got any credit off of that album was "Unchained" while nearly every other Van Halen album got love & talked about through the roof, especially the first 2!!!:pullhair:Sure, the first Van Halen album was quite good (& Van Halen II was alright), but if those albums are as good as nearly everybody gives them credit for, then "Fair Warning" is a whole hell of a lot unfortunately underrated. Period! Yes, "Diver Down" was a bust & I'll give you credit for mentioning that, but please don't hide from the fact that "Fair Warning" has always been underrated.:peek

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
Diver Down has nothing to do with Fair Warning being underrated, or with Fair Warning being Van Halen's masterpiece--Which is what I view it as. The "Diver Down" title was just ironic considering VH turned to keyboard shit and then to Fag Hagar shit...Comercial success, or radio play, or what****ingever you want to call it, has NOTHING to do with greatness. People that have a clue know Fair Warning is a mighty album. Fair Warning is like Led Zeppelin's Physical Graffiti.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Members online