Would you go to a concert alone?

• Yes

Votes: 46 76.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 23.3%

• Total voters

Fever

Reaction score
Sure I would go alone. Although all the concerts I've been to thus far I have went with other people. Usually I end up being the designated sober driver and the others pay for my ticket.
:flirt

That happens to me sometimes as well:grinthumb

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
music is just such a great connector... a bridge between people... the same way it is on a forum like this one. a few years ago, reap and i went to see elton john here in huntsville. while we were in the parking lot pre-show, getting in our last shots and my last marlboros (heh), this woman from russia just walked over to me and started yappin. she was so excited she was finally gettin to see an artist she had luvved all her life. i was the same. we had such a blast talking to each other... it was wunnerful to hear her perspective on the man and all. part of the real joy in a concert is the sharing of it all with like fans, even if you go alone and never utter a word to anybody else. the huge majority of the people there are there for the same reason you are: luvvvvvvvvvv. mwhaha.

most of the people in my life, almost all of em, came to me through music in one way or another. music was the connecting point, the doorway. i still often think of people in terms of the music we shared. i'll think of em, and a certain soundtrack will start up in my head.. or the reverse... i will hear an album, and the person comes flooding into my thoughts.

reap and i met on a music board. i think our first conversation went sumthin like this:

"deep purple. burn!!"
... "yeah!! BURN!!!"
"oh yeahhh."
... "BURNNNNN!!"

mwhahaha. 16 years later... we still do the burn thing. ahem.
Complete agree. Heck I was with my high school friend last weekend and he was talking about how it's hard to find new friends and the old ones are dwindling. So not true for me after 2000 I've met so many people thru music. Even though some come and go there are always more, although a good many have become close friends and most are about 10-15 younger than me so it keeps me youthful.

Aero

Reaction score
i was gonna make a point about it being more common to see a man go solo to a show than a woman,

Women don't go anywhere by themselves anymore, unless it's to run an errand.

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. I recently went to two Eagles gigs (one London, one Liverpool), both by myself. It's been my dream for years to see them so I was hooked on every line and every chord, even for songs I don't care for. It would have been very hard to find someone to go with who would have had the same level of interest (the beginning is very slow with long passages of speech between the first four songs about how they got together etc; and the overall show is 2 and 3/4 hours with no support and only one 15 min break), plus with tickets ~£125 a time and requiring a night away / two days off work it was impossible to go anything but alone. That said though I had a wonderful time at both and I couldn't have asked for a better evening either time.

I can totally identify with you Matt. Here's the way it's gone for me - Started late '60s and into the '70s going with my friends. Then going with my wife. After that, moving into the '90s and onwards going with my kids. The Eagles , who I have never seen, did their recent UK tour. I got into a whole conversation with my wife and all my kids and their partners, which went on for an eternity. What happened? I ended up not going because of all the complications. So there's a lesson learned. I'm not going through that shit again, and in future I will be quite happy to go on my own!

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
I voted yes. Thinking back on it, I never have gone to a concert by myself. However, if it was someone I really wanted to see and I couldn't get anyone to go with me, I would go alone.

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
No one I know likes the same music I do, so yes if there would be a concert I'd be interested in I'd go alone.

I dragged a friend to see Leo Kottke three years ago and she would not shut up to save her life. She kept bitching about how an usher told her to stop taking cell phone pics. I enjoyed the show after she left halfway through.

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
Yes. However, I worked almost every show and went with others doing the same. I've only paid to get in once. :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online