• Yes

Votes: 46 76.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 23.3%

• Total voters

kath

astronomy domino's™
Reaction score
i've always been with somebody, usually the music freak of a guy i'm with at the time in general, and/or a buncha friends. it's just always played out that way. but i would certainly go to one alone without a single problem. i'd make friends. mwhaha. just my social butterfly self. (swoopswoop.) i make friends at concerts even when i'm with my own posse. (and i make friends in the beer line... in the restroom... in the parking lot... etcetcetc.)

nooo, i aint the type to yammer away during the music ever, as i luvvv the music. just in the gaps.

i have also been known to get very emotional at certain shows when a certain beluvved song moves me, enough to hug complete strangers next to me. yeahyeah, i'm batty, but no one's complained yet. mwhaha.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
With and Without...

In the past, I've gone with someone or with two to three others. As the years progressed, by myself. Since then, my other half goes with me unless she just not dig it or did not feel like it.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
I would, and I have. Plenty.

On the subject...never take a first date to a show. It's just bad from so many directions.

Fever

Reaction score
I have been to quite a few alone.I am not missing a concert just because I can't find someone to go with me.Right now the plan is to see Kiss/Def Leppard alone on Sunday night

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Sure I would go alone. Although all the concerts I've been to thus far I have went with other people. Usually I end up being the designated sober driver and the others pay for my ticket.
:flirt

Aero

Reaction score
I did it once and it wasn't much fun.

kath

astronomy domino's™
Reaction score
i was gonna make a point about it being more common to see a man go solo to a show than a woman, but then i realized i might open a whole vat of worms i didn't mean to. mwhaha.

i was thinkin more along the lines of traditional habits started in youth, as opposed to some *real* difference between the sexes, how much they love concerts and music live and all (cuz there isn't a real difference there, obviously. we are all the same level of music freak.)

but either way, i'm just gonna ::zip:: it now. hopefully, somebody knows what i mean.:D

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Ha
Let's see I've been to over 1200 concerts and he'll ya I've gone alone.
Prior to 1985 I never went alone. Then I started to be into music that none of my friends liked and also I moved to nyc. I realized I wanted to see concerts and didn't care if no one wanted to go. The first few were at big seated venues and I felt those weren't so great alone. But in the early 90's I started going to smaller venue general adm shows. I never had so much fun - dancing and talking away to strangers with good tastes in music. It even became a place to pick up women for me.

In 2000 - 2003 I ended up with close to 50 friends because of concerts including several band members. After 2003 it didn't matter if I went to a show alone because I would always run into people I knew. Now I know a bunch of people running the shows or in charge of guest lists or VIP areas so it's not an issue.

Also because I take pictures I may go with people but might only see them before and after the show. Like Kath I like to talk to people on beer lines, bathroom lines or just standing next to me. Funny prior to 1990 I wouldn't talk to anyone. Haha

kath

astronomy domino's™
Reaction score
Also because I take pictures I may go with people but might only see them before and after the show. Like Kath I like to talk to people on beer lines, bathroom lines or just standing next to me. Funny prior to 1990 I wouldn't talk to anyone. Haha

music is just such a great connector... a bridge between people... the same way it is on a forum like this one. a few years ago, reap and i went to see elton john here in huntsville. while we were in the parking lot pre-show, getting in our last shots and my last marlboros (heh), this woman from russia just walked over to me and started yappin. she was so excited she was finally gettin to see an artist she had luvved all her life. i was the same. we had such a blast talking to each other... it was wunnerful to hear her perspective on the man and all. part of the real joy in a concert is the sharing of it all with like fans, even if you go alone and never utter a word to anybody else. the huge majority of the people there are there for the same reason you are: luvvvvvvvvvv. mwhaha.

most of the people in my life, almost all of em, came to me through music in one way or another. music was the connecting point, the doorway. i still often think of people in terms of the music we shared. i'll think of em, and a certain soundtrack will start up in my head.. or the reverse... i will hear an album, and the person comes flooding into my thoughts.

reap and i met on a music board. i think our first conversation went sumthin like this:

"deep purple. burn!!"
... "yeah!! BURN!!!"
"oh yeahhh."
... "BURNNNNN!!"

mwhahaha. 16 years later... we still do the burn thing. ahem.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online