• Yes

Votes: 46 76.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 23.3%

• Total voters

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Have you been to gigs by yourself? Or do you always need the company of at least one other person? Is there any other reason you don't like to go alone?

I have gone alone to concerts several times in the past. I have also gone with friends. But in my experience it is very difficult to find like-minded rock fanatics in real life. So just because of that I am not prepared to miss out on seeing my favourite artists live! But it does feel like a bit of a bummer sometimes when groups of people around you are having a good time at a show and you are alone. Thoughts?

metalife

Reaction score
Yeah, I've gone on my own. Hard to find people with decent taste in music these days, and / or want to spend some money seeing a live band. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who thinks the way I do, other times I'm glad there's no one else who thinks like I do.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Actually, I kind of feel ashamed to admit it but I prefer to go to gigs alone. My favorite shows by far have been ones I've gone to alone. Going with friends can be an awesome experience: singing along on the way there, tailgating before the show... I have a lot of very fond memories from those experiences. But I really like to zone out during the show and just get totally into it -- which is more difficult when you're with people. So as silly as it'd be, my ideal concert experience would be to ride to the show with friends and tailgate, but then sit in the actual venue away from my friends.

Plus there's always the issue of finding someone who's as much a fan of a particular artist as I am. Like if you're a super hardcore fan and they only know a couple of the radio hits it can be kind of jarring knowing the two of you are getting a completely different experience out of it.

But yeah all in all they're both good options. I'm glad I get to do them both depending on the artist and I wouldn't want to do just gigs with people or just gigs alone.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Actually, I kind of feel ashamed to admit it but I prefer to go to gigs alone. My favorite shows by far have been ones I've gone to alone. Going with friends can be an awesome experience: singing along on the way there, tailgating before the show... I have a lot of very fond memories from those experiences. But I really like to zone out during the show and just get totally into it -- which is more difficult when you're with people. So as silly as it'd be, my ideal concert experience would be to ride to the show with friends and tailgate, but then sit in the actual venue away from my friends.

Plus there's always the issue of finding someone who's as much a fan of a particular artist as I am. Like if you're a super hardcore fan and they only know a couple of the radio hits it can be kind of jarring knowing the two of you are getting a completely different experience out of it.

But yeah all in all they're both good options. I'm glad I get to do them both depending on the artist and I wouldn't want to do just gigs with people or just gigs alone.

I hear you, totally! The person you go with generally is either (a.) not a fan at all and is just giving you company or (b.) not as much of a fan as you are. Either way, what ends up happening is.. your friend may want to leave early and you want to stay for the encore. Screw that!

But yeah, it can be fun going in a small group of close friends! But not everyone is so lucky.

Matt

Reaction score
The birthplace of heavy metal (AKA Birmingham) / L
Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. I recently went to two Eagles gigs (one London, one Liverpool), both by myself. It's been my dream for years to see them so I was hooked on every line and every chord, even for songs I don't care for. It would have been very hard to find someone to go with who would have had the same level of interest (the beginning is very slow with long passages of speech between the first four songs about how they got together etc; and the overall show is 2 and 3/4 hours with no support and only one 15 min break), plus with tickets ~£125 a time and requiring a night away / two days off work it was impossible to go anything but alone. That said though I had a wonderful time at both and I couldn't have asked for a better evening either time.

~Banshee~

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reaction score
No I couldn't, its strange as I really don't have a problem doing anything else by myself. Most of my friends don't share my tastes so unless I resort to bribery I miss out on gigs now.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online