Worst style of music...... EVER.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
Can we consider Celine Dion a genre? :oyea:

I think she falls into the Antichrist genre.

I wouldn't say rap is the worst, because I think it's closer to poetry than music.

I personally think that thrasher/phlegm/scream stuff is the worst. Some like it, but it's just messy noise to me.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Sorry Rap is the worst most hateful genre in music history, I'm no fan of the dark hard core metal either but at least some of the music is tolerable.

RAP = mind numbingly boring, droning dreck worst genre ever created period.

I was not a fan of the beatnik poetic era either.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know LG, some of the avant guarde/experimental music is worse than rap........at least rap has a recognizable beat you can follow. A lot of the experimental stuff IS nothing more than noise.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
No genre has ever offended me more than the gangsta rappers(and some mainstream rappers too) insulting everyone and everything especially women who have had a hard time being recognized as human beings in many places in the world.

I will never support anything that tries to shove them back, and no genre is worse for that than Rap period.

I will never budge on this one, sure there's crappy noise experimental rubbish, but they don't cross cultural boundaries the way that one genre does.

How many shoot-outs have other genres had at their events? I can't think of any.

Khor1255

Reaction score
The main thing I find offensive about rap is the banality. I mean, it is like a parody of someone trying to sound as unmusical as possible. To think this was as popular as it was for as long as it was is a depressing thought.

I mean, there is bad music and always has been. But something not even quite musical being the dominant form in music for so long?

Wow.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
How many shoot-outs have other genres had at their events? I can't think of any.

Well, we haven't seen the KISS induction yet.

The thing is, from where I sit, rap isn't music. That's why I didn't say it's the worst. To me, it doesn't qualify as music. There's a beat, but there's no (or very, very little music (unless it's sampled from someone else's song).

And, I've never heard any singing. Just reciting. You recite poetry. Songs, you sing.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I agree with you it's not music in my book...but unfortunately Vehicle it is considered a genre.

I will always be astonished, that the best way to gain street cred not so long ago was to actually Kill the competition. That has never happened in music before.:nw:

Khor1255

Reaction score
Well, we haven't seen the KISS induction yet.

The thing is, from where I sit, rap isn't music. That's why I didn't say it's the worst. To me, it doesn't qualify as music. There's a beat, but there's no (or very, very little music (unless it's sampled from someone else's song).

And, I've never heard any singing. Just reciting. You recite poetry. Songs, you sing.
I agree. But there are lots of people who will argue with you tooth and nail that you have no right to say that Rap isn't music. This is what makes it the worst thing that has ever been called music as far as I'm concerned.

And I have heard a lot of Yoko Ono for God's sake.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
^^I agree with you it's not music in my book...but unfortunately Vehicle it is considered a genre.

I will always be astonished, that the best way to gain street cred not so long ago was to actually Kill the competition. That has never happened in music before.:nw:

Don't get me wrong. I am no fan of gangsta rap or anything gang related. I also dont consider Rap to be music.

To be fair, though, I am looking at the other side of the card, which would be sensorship. Just because we (meaning you and I) dont consider Rap to music or worthy of it's genre existence, this doesn't give us the right to eliminate it.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online