Worst songs ever made

Oblivion

Reaction score
Oblivion wrote:

Never, and I mean NEVER, call the tetris theme song bad. I could play tetris for hours and the song to it was great! :bow:

I personally know the original Tetris game and can say with dam certainty that that tune isn't in it. And I've played it til death as well - no way would I play Tetris with that Horrid techno tune - obviously another little horrible clone - Tetris has been done til death and I think there's more Tetris clones than Space Invader clones!

I'm a bit late with this reply but:

You were right CP/M ! I don't know in which game I heard that song before, but it sure as hell wasn't tetris... :) whoops!

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Oblivion wrote:

I'm a bit late with this reply but:

You were right CP/M ! I don't know in which game I heard that song before, but it sure as hell wasn't tetris... :) whoops!

There was another game on a Nintendo NES console involving Mario and the game itself was simply a poor attempt at Tetris. I think it was called Dr. Mario and he had to align all these Pills which would fall into one of those scientific glass (wider than a test tube). For some reason I could see that horrible techno tune being used in a Pill Popping game like that. In that game itself it worked a bit like Tetris and you'd hit the fire button to alternate the colours so they'd match up. Other similar games to Tetris is Klax which was little coloured boxes falling down the screen or along a conveyor or something. But there's essentially more Tetris clones out there than anything else so anything's possible. :D

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
Oh, so that's what they were singing about in the song!

:)

Nonetheless, if in your view the song was politically UNcorrect, you're implying that all proper thinking individuals thought the wall should stay up - thus keeping those nasty undesireable Easties in their place I presume.

:heybaby:

:lmao:....oh plz pay attention hepcat...that's absolutely NOT what I implied either directly or indirectly.....that would have been like believing Ronald Reagan didn't start that disaster that started way back in the rotten 80s and that today we are witnessing as the World Crisis....or that Hitler and that other right-wing CULPRIT Mussolini shouldn't ave been toppled way back when.....plz pay attention plz...:)bump::bump::cheers:

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
....oh plz pay attention hepcat

I have been paying attention. That's how I caught the incongruity in your original post - to which you've now added.

...that would have been like believing Ronald Reagan didn't start that....

Believing which about the fall of the Berlin Wall would be like believing Ronald Reagan caused what precisely? How is holding one belief (whatever that may be) anything like holding the other? What's the causative variable here? I don't understand.

...or that Hitler and that other right-wing CULPRIT Mussolini shouldn't ave been toppled way back when....

Huh? Why dredge up those two? Is this a thread about dead politicians or something? Granted, they were both big government types alright, but there have always been many of those around but I know of none held in renown for their musical taste.

...that disaster that started way back in the rotten 80s and that today we are witnessing as the World Crisis....

World crisis? Today? Why? There's been an economic downturn, but what else is new? Economic cycles will continue as long as we live. It's the way things work. The natural ebbs and flows of economic activity are explained in every first year economic textbook. Despite this, newspaper headlines will always scream crisis, which is also to be expected since they're in the business of selling newspapers.

And what was wrong with the eighties? Didn't the Berlin Wall come down? Didn't communism start to crumble? Didn't budgetary deficits come under control in the States? Was not inflation brought under control?

The music was pretty bad though relative to the sixties, I'll certainly grant you that!

I actually have an objective measure cutting through all the morass of data to rate Presidencies. It's simple. It's the price of gold. The higher it goes during the term of a Presidency, the worse the President - and vice versa.

Here therefore are the worst Presidencies by this measure:

George Bush Jr. 2001-2009
Jimmy Carter 1977-1981
Richard Nixon 1969-1975
Lyndon Johnson 1963-1969

Here are the best:

Ronald Reagan 1981-1989
George Bush Sr. 1989-1993
Bill Clinton 1993-2001

Works pretty well, don't you think?

BTW, you wouldn't have a certain set political axe to grind, now would you? You're not one of those tiresome Americans fervently loyal to one of the two political parties always seeking to pander to the base instincts of that portion of the electorate seeking to vote themselves goodies from the public purse, now are you?

:wtf:

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
I have been paying attention. That's how I caught the incongruity in your original post - to which you've now added.

Believing which about the fall of the Berlin Wall would be like believing Ronald Reagan caused what precisely? How is holding one belief (whatever that may be) anything like holding the other? What's the causative variable here? I don't understand.

Huh? Why dredge up those two? Is this a thread about dead politicians or something? Granted, they were both big government types alright, but there have always been many of those around but I know of none held in renown for their musical taste.

World crisis? Today? Why? There's been an economic downturn, but what else is new? Economic cycles will continue as long as we live. It's the way things work. The natural ebbs and flows of economic activity are explained in every first year economic textbook. Despite this, newspaper headlines will always scream crisis, which is also to be expected since they're in the business of selling newspapers.

And what was wrong with the eighties? Didn't the Berlin Wall come down? Didn't communism start to crumble? Didn't budgetary deficits come under control in the States? Was not inflation brought under control?

The music was pretty bad though relative to the sixties, I'll certainly grant you that!

I actually have an objective measure cutting through all the morass of data to rate Presidencies. It's simple. It's the price of gold. The higher it goes during the term of a Presidency, the worse the President - and vice versa.

Here therefore are the worst Presidencies by this measure:

George Bush Jr. 2001-2009
Jimmy Carter 1977-1981
Richard Nixon 1969-1975
Lyndon Johnson 1963-1969

Here are the best:

Ronald Reagan 1981-1989
George Bush Sr. 1989-1993
Bill Clinton 1993-2001

Works pretty well, don't you think?

BTW, you wouldn't have a certain set political axe to grind, now would you? You're not one of those tiresome Americans fervently loyal to one of the two political parties always seeking to pander to the base instincts of that portion of the electorate seeking to vote themselves goodies from the public purse, now are you?

In fact you see, you're not paying attention....much anyway,,,,I'm not going to get into any political rave here....coz that's exactly why I'm NOT on this forum...only for the music and the bad or/and good songs around.....I don't really care what the Scorpions say in their sh*tti*st tune ever, but HOW they say it..as if everything would change after a certain event (that was bound to happen in any case)...oh it changed alright and we're witnessing this "change" in the utmost negative.....anyone having an observing eye would notice the damage done in the 80s with those 2 CULPRITS that I mentioned above...there was NO evolution of anything in the 80s but only Involution of the worst kind and we're still paying the consequences of that dreary decade:):lmao::cheers:

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
Snakes&Ladders:

I'm not going to get into any political rave here....

That's good because I'm not that keen on debating economics or politics right now either.

In fact you see, you're not paying attention....much anyway....anyone having an observing eye would notice the damage done in the 80s with those 2 CULPRITS that I mentioned above....

But I have been paying attention - and the devil is in the details. You see you mentioned three fellows by name, Ronald Reagan, Hitler and Mussolini, only one of whom was alive in the eighties. So who are the two culprits to whom you're referring?

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online