worst lead singer of a 70's rock band

Zombeels

Reaction score
I really don't like the vocals of Rush. A very talented and creative band but Geddy Lee's vocals grate on my nerves.

cnbpjb

Reaction score
I used to feel that way about Geddy Lee, but now the singer who grates on my nerve (and this has been for about the last five years or so) is Stevie Nicks both in and out of Fleetwood Mac. Nicks voice, for me, for about the last five years is as many people used to say about Mary Hart's voice on "Entertainment Tonight" it just sounds like nails being run on a chalkboard.

Zombeels

Reaction score
Stevie Nicks is a country singer in a rock band. I can't stand her voice either.

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
I still have a soft spot for the Buckingham-Nicks album.
True, she still has that weird little quiver in her voice that bugs me but the thing has that big ringing 'Rumors' sound and some of the songs are pretty catchy.

The first on MY worst lead singer in a 70's rock band list would probably be Jim Dandy of Black Oak Arkansas. Never liked that guy.

cnbpjb

Reaction score
I can understand that a bit about what you are writing about Nicks, Martha Washington. But I guess I liked it when Nicks voice blended with another singer, than on her own.

I certainly wasn't turned off about her duet with Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" and my favorite songs from Fleetwood Mac is when she was in harmony with Christine McVie (such as on "You Make Lovin' Fun", "Don't Stop", etc.) and when she did some work with Bob Welch (I love the tune, "Sentimental Lady"), but I just can't stand Nicks solo or when she was the lead singer of Fleetwood Mac (I hate that the only #1 song for the group was, "Dreams" -- I just cringe when I hear that song).

I remember Black Oak Arkansas, and I agree what an awful lead singer with Jim Dandy.

Another female singer I hated from the 1970's was Janis Ian (when the song, "At Seventeen" was a big hit), I don't mind Ian's work in the 1960's (always have loved, "Society's Child" -- one of the best and most intricate songs ever composed and sung) but by the '70's things started going downhill for Ian.

R

Rocker

i just plain dont like springsteens voice its sooooooooooooo blah

cnbpjb

Reaction score
KISS R ME SOLDIER said:
JIMI HENDRIX...the guy has an awful voice

That might be true. But Jimi's guitar work was second to none.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Staff online

Members online