61UJOoYQL%2BL._AA300_.jpg

Undercover

51VGw227U7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

:wtf:

Last edited:

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
If there were a Quiet Riot album that I'd slam as their worst it would be their second self titled album (which would be the first one outside of just Japan) released in 1988. It has none of the original members in the lineup and is a snorefest of wannabe anthems.

St. Anger- Metallica
* It's "St. Anger". Do I really need to list the reasons why it's awful or does everyone know already?​
]

Just as a rabid Quiet Riot fan who has owned their entire catalog, including a pile of bootlegs and a bunch of merchandise..........

To me, Quiet Riot's 1988 s/t album wasn't a great album but it was still better than Guilty Pleasures. If Condition Critical was a watered down Metal Health then Guilty Pleasures was a watered down Condition Critical.

Besides the only lineup that matters to me includes Frankie Banali and Carlos Cavazo. Way too much is made of Randy being their original guitarist.

Having never heard St. Anger, is that the Metallica album I remember hearing about before its release in which they were supposed to return to their roots and instead ended up recording a cheap sounding album with hollow drums that sounded like it took all of $500 to record? That the one?

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Besides the only lineup that matters to me includes Frankie Banali and Carlos Cavazo. Way too much is made of Randy being their original guitarist.

Having never heard St. Anger, is that the Metallica album I remember hearing about before its release in which they were supposed to return to their roots and instead ended up recording a cheap sounding album with hollow drums that sounded like it took all of $500 to record? That the one?

Well considering how Quiet Riot found success after Randy left the band (and Randy found much more success after leaving them too) I don't really concern myself with that. I was mostly revering to the fact that Kevin wasn't on that album.

Well those aren't quite the right specifics of that album but yes that is the same album you're thinking of.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Don't have time to post five, but one that Jumps out at me by a band I really liked a lot, "Discovery" by ELO. When I bought it we played it about 4 times, and it never made it to the turntable after that, such a poor effort for a band I respected.:nw:

album-discovery.jpg

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
This album is by no means bad but if I had to pick a slight disappointment from my favorite band it would be this one!

The Smashing Pumpkins-Machina-The Machines of God

Machina+-+The+Machines+of+God.png

For me, it's disappointing because the album that was supposed to end the original incarnation (minus D'Arcy) of the band and be their sendoff is the album I spin the most and leaves me underwhelmed. This after Adore, their masterpiece, knocked me on my ass with it's awesomeness! :D

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Well considering how Quiet Riot found success after Randy left the band (and Randy found much more success after leaving them too) I don't really concern myself with that. I was mostly revering to the fact that Kevin wasn't on that album.

Kevin was definitely the heart of the band. With him now deceased, Quiet Riot could never bring in somebody else to replace him and still maintain any sort of dignity.

Yet at the time Kevin was replaced in 1988, it was a very reasonable idea on paper. Bring in a new singer to see how it works out and if it doesn't, get the other guy back in the band. Which as we know is exactly how it worked out.

I've seen you mention a couple times that Quiet Riot had a lot of potential that was ultimately wasted.

Assuming you heard them, I'm surprised you didn't think more of the albums Terrified ('93) or Down to the Bone (95'). They were far and away better than anything else released after Metal Health or any of the albums they did in more recent years (from 1999 up until Kevin's death).

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
My second favorite artist ever is Tori Amos and if I had to pick one that would be a dud in comparison to her other work it would be her album of covers:

Strange Little Girls

51oiIOwrF1L.jpg

It really was not aesthetically pleasing to me at all and I believe it was a cop out album as Tori was nearing the end of her record contract.

Death on Credit

Reaction score
Every album made by Bob Dylan from 1978 to 1997...I don't know if any artist has ever had such a long losing streak.

Let it Be by the Beatles...A handful of gems mixed with a bunch of gag songs. The only album made by the Beatles that was really just kind of bad. Phil Spector should not be allowed near good bands.

The Idiot by Iggy Pop...Iggy's best when he's wild and furious, and Bowie really tamed him for this effort.

Death of a Ladies' Man by Leonard Cohen...Once again, Phil Spector should not be allowed near good artists.

Loaded by the Velvet Underground...Not a bad album, per se, just not a good Velvet Underground album.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online