Worst album you have?

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Sylvia's Mother is very over-wrought, but reminds me of school. I always liked A Little Bit More. It has a gentle lullaby feel, but the lyrics are quite stringent.

rtbuck

Reaction score
It's really too tough to pick out the Worst album but I will tell a story about one album I couldn't stand & it ended up becoming somewhat of a joke between a friend of mine & me but I do wish I still had it just to listen to it again:

Here it was the late 70's, I'm 16, & I'm constantly blaring Kiss,Aerosmith,Nugent, AC/DC, Sabbath,Cooper,BOC,Zeppelin...etc.(You get my drift!). My friend & I are at JC Penney's looking through the $1.99 bargain bin & I find it!!! I pick up this album & am blown away by the cover which is a live concert shot of Jimmy Page looking cool as hell from a Zeppelin show. The title read 'JIMMY PAGE SPECIAL EARLY WORKS' (It jumped out at me just like that). I grabbed it, got home with my friend, & slapped it on the turntable thinking "Oh God This is going to be great!!!!!" & "AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" it was the worst piece of crap I ever heard. We both laughed & couldn't believe our ears. It was so horrible. For the next few years at birthdays my friend & I kept wrapping it up & giving it to each other as a joke. Years went by & more & more I'm getting into music especially old blues & one day it dawned on me that the album also said "featuring Sonny Boy Williamson" whom I was now a fan of. Man,I'd love to see what was on that record but it's now long gone.

rtbuck

Reaction score
I found it online!
R-2017826-1327870790.jpeg

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I am not surprised at all, in fact I was amazed you picked that record up in the first place. Dr. Hook used to be a "novelty/eccentric" kind of band, if you ever listen to their greatest hits(the early years) you'll get what I mean.

On "A Little Bit More" they went on a different path, sure there are a couple of quintessential Hook songs, but the majority of the album is just a laid back soft rock style. I still Love their cover of "Only Sixteen", that is the song I heard that got me to buy this one. Plus it has plenty of nostalgia for me too, I was much younger than you when I bought my copy.:D

I know Dr. Hook mostly by their greatest hits, so I was aware of what they play. The only thing was I didn't know what this album sounds like. It's soft. Or I should say... too damn soft!

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
Well I have to say I only listened to Pink Floyd's The Final Cut once. It's kind of a continuation to the Wall, but worse.
I agree, but I'd have to say even more bad, for me, would be 'A Momentary Lapse of Reason'
a_momentary_lapse_of_reason.png

I mean, it's just....weird. :wtf:

Grunge

Grotesque Perversion
Reaction score
To each their own but I have to chime in on this as a fan of that whole album. I assume that you bought it after either "Mr. Jones" or "Round Here" and I find Mr. Jones the hardest bridge to cross with the band before becoming a band. After those two singles the album IMO is consistently great for that style of music and not one filler song in the bunch. Anyway, not knocking your dislike of it but I love knowing the reasons behind peoples choices! :)

I had a sixth sense my Soots would "chime" in on this particular post addressing this particular band :tongue:

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
It's really too tough to pick out the Worst album but I will tell a story about one album I couldn't stand & it ended up becoming somewhat of a joke between a friend of mine & me but I do wish I still had it just to listen to it again:

Here it was the late 70's, I'm 16, & I'm constantly blaring Kiss,Aerosmith,Nugent, AC/DC, Sabbath,Cooper,BOC,Zeppelin...etc.(You get my drift!). My friend & I are at JC Penney's looking through the $1.99 bargain bin & I find it!!! I pick up this album & am blown away by the cover which is a live concert shot of Jimmy Page looking cool as hell from a Zeppelin show. The title read 'JIMMY PAGE SPECIAL EARLY WORKS' (It jumped out at me just like that). I grabbed it, got home with my friend, & slapped it on the turntable thinking "Oh God This is going to be great!!!!!" & "AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" it was the worst piece of crap I ever heard. We both laughed & couldn't believe our ears. It was so horrible. For the next few years at birthdays my friend & I kept wrapping it up & giving it to each other as a joke. Years went by & more & more I'm getting into music especially old blues & one day it dawned on me that the album also said "featuring Sonny Boy Williamson" whom I was now a fan of. Man,I'd love to see what was on that record but it's now long gone.

:heheh: That reminds me of the cassette I bought with Jimmy Page headlined. I need to get it again, as I miss the album. Nobody I knew liked it, but the blues standards were great on it.

590450.jpg

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online