Woodstock @ 50.

E-Z

Reaction score
Maybe book Randy Hansen to do his 'Hendrix impersonation' to close the festival?.

Randy walks out on the Woodstock stage at 8:00am on a muddy 19th August Monday morning in 2019 wearing a off white buckskin jacket with long frills and wearing light blue flares and Indian moccasins with a red bandana tied around his head and holding a up side down left-handed Strat and says to the remaining few gathered hippies-

"Well I see that we meet again ummm?. Yeah, well dig!. We got tired of the Experience every once in awhile it was blowing our minds to much so we changed things around and call it Gypies, Suns and Rainbows, for short it's nothing but a band of gypies." followed by band introductions with Randy finishing with "and your truly on public saxophone."

The assembled crowd then shout at Randy wanting to know if he's high yet?.

"Wots that?. Am I high?. I've got mine thank you, I've got mine."

Randy then launches into Message To Love followed by Spanish Castle Magic, Get My Heart Back Together, Foxy Lady, Red House, Loverman, Jam Back At The House, Izabella, Fire, Voodoo Child (slight return) The Star Spangled Banner, Purple Haze, Instrumental solo including Villonova Junction Blues. Encore a relaxing version of Hey Joe then finish Woodstock 2019 is over.

Last edited:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
The whole thing has been sounding like a shit-show for a while now. After seeing some of the no-talent acts that were on the bill, you couldn't pay me to go to it. Jay Z? Greta van Wannabe? Miley Cyrus? Halsey? Akon?

:puke:

Of the original players or just old school artists in general that are going to be there, the only two that I'd be even remotely interested in would be Santana and Fogerty and I've seen both of them at better venues. There are a couple of other artists that I wouldn't mind seeing, but not in that setting. Even less so since they took it away from the the original location and stuck it down the road from the swamp in Washington.

:puke:

E-Z

Reaction score
Your observations are probably correct Lynch although it's probably right to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the event (I was 12 years old when it happened back in August 1969 and I do remember hearing about it on the television news at the time) but Woodstock was more than just the bands that played at the festival it was also tied up with the whole late 1960s counter culture generation of the hippy movement and set against a back drop of the US involvement of the war in Vietnam and the civil unrest that it provoked. Maybe less of Miley Cyrus and more of Country Joe & the Fish if they're still around??.

Country Joe McDonald-

"GIVE ME A F!. GIVE A U!. GIVE ME C!. GIVE ME A K!. WOTS THAT SPELL?. ****!. WOTS THAT SPELL?. ****!. WOTS THAT SPELL?. ****!!."

Last edited:

E-Z

Reaction score
This isn't meant to be a p*sstake but a interesting and amusing film sequence in the Woodstock movie isn't what was going on up on the stage but wot was going on around the back of the toilets when a film crew show up to film a ordinary guy aged about 50 who's employed to clean and washout the portable toilets which appeared to be supplied by company called Portosan(?). Anyway the guy who is cleaning out the portable toilets seems quite happy in his work and he comments that he has a son 'flying choppers out in Nam' (Vietnam) and that he loves these kids. Anyway the guy who's been cleaning out the toilets eventually departs and moments later with the camera still rolling one of the doors opens to one of the portable toilets and out falls a 'spaced out long haired hippy' who's looking bewildered into a film camera anyway after offering the film crew a toke on his joint which the film crew naturally decline he is asked about his experiences in using the portable toilet and the hippy who is still bemused and looking disorientated into the film camera asks "Are you making a movie?." to which the film crew guy says "Yes" so the hippy asked "Wots it called?." and the film crew guy says "Portosan" to which the hippy replies "Far out man."

Last edited:

willg54

Reaction score
Maybe book Randy Hansen to do his 'Hendrix impersonation' to close the festival?.

Randy walks out on the Woodstock stage at 8:00am on a muddy 19th August Monday morning in 2019 wearing a off white buckskin jacket with long frills and wearing light blue flares and Indian moccasins with a red bandana tied around his head and holding a up side down left-handed Strat and says to the remaining few gathered hippies-

"Well I see that we meet again ummm?. Yeah, well dig!. We got tired of the Experience every once in awhile it was blowing our minds to much so we changed things around and call it Gypies, Suns and Rainbows, for short it's nothing but a band of gypies." followed by band introductions with Randy finishing with "and your truly on public saxophone."

The assembled crowd then shout at Randy wanting to know if he's high yet?.

"Wots that?. Am I high?. I've got mine thank you, I've got mine."

Randy then launches into Message To Love followed by Spanish Castle Magic, Get My Heart Back Together, Foxy Lady, Red House, Loverman, Jam Back At The House, Izabella, Fire, Voodoo Child (slight return) The Star Spangled Banner, Purple Haze, Instrumental solo including Villonova Junction Blues. Encore a relaxing version of Hey Joe then finish Woodstock 2019 is over.

Reactions: E-Z

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online