Woodstock @ 50.

willg54

Reaction score
Man, that would be super cool!! I'm sure Jimi would appreciate that. I saw Randy YEARS ago in Denver. ****, that guy rocks. That would be SO cool if he showed up and did the scenario you described. You can find his booking agent via Randy's YouTube site. Give them a jingle and suggest it. I bet he would go for it,seriously!!!!!!! I might even jump on my Harley and ride out for the show!! :)

BabyBoomerRocker

Reaction score
When Woodstock happened in 1969, I had got back to San Diego (aka 32nd Street Naval Station), from my first Navy Westpac Cruise to Nam. From what I remember, I didn't listen to any of the groups that that were there, until I got out of the Navy in 1974.

When I read who was going to be at Woodstock 50, I really wondered if this was suppose to celebrate the 1969 Woodstock or a "modern day" type of Woodstock. The "modern day" Woodstock I wouldn't be the least interested in, but to bring back some of the old groups from 1969...…….now, THAT would be very cool. However, I didn't like Country Joe & The Fish "F" word lead-in or their Vietnam song. Have got a dvd of part of the 1969 Woodstock and really, really like Sly's performance as well as Santana's, Canned Heat, CCR, Janis, Grace Slick, Mountain, Sha Na Na and Jimmy.

If what is being put on is a "modern day" Woodstock, then the groups that are playing is what people listen to today. I don't listen to Miley or Jay Z or...………….on and on.

E-Z

Reaction score
I was looking to see if Richie Havens was gonna play...he passed on years ago!..i missed that one..he was brilliant.
Yeah I was reading about Richie Havens performance at the Woodstock festival several months ago and apparently after opening the festival (he was the opening act) he ran out of songs because the on stage officials kept telling him to keep on playing with the consequence that his set lasted around 3 hours!!.

Last edited:

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Great post E-Z..it must have been amazing to have been there in '69..i was looking on YouTube the other day - someone has posted an in sequence amount of Altamont videos from Gimme Shelter..scary stuff.

Reactions: E-Z

E-Z

Reaction score
Great post E-Z..it must have been amazing to have been there in '69..i was looking on YouTube the other day - someone has posted an in sequence amount of Altamont videos from Gimme Shelter..scary stuff.
Yeah Woodstock on Max Yasga's farm back in 1969 was "really outta sight" man. Along with Hendrix I like bands like Mountain, Johnny Winter, early Santana, Credence Clearwater Revival, Ten Years After and the Jefferson Airplane.

I like some of the late 1960s & early 1970s counter-culture and the hippies but I also like the 'Nam vets' as well along with the Easy Rider movie with Peter Fonda & Dennis Hopper those were two cool dudes.

Yeah I was watching Hendrix at the 1970 Atlanta pop festival last night.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online