Within Temptation (Official Thread)

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I'm not trying to discourage you, but for me demo tracks are pretty much worthless, at least as bonus tracks on an EP. They can be fun, but I do not find them interesting enough to pay for them. There are a few bands of which I'll practically buy any release, including singles and EP's, but as far as other bands go, I only buy EP's, if they offer valuable extras, like non-album tracks, many live tracks or even a bonus DVD (like Delain did recently).

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
More worth the time trying to hunt down a copy of Enter. Took me a long time to get it because they don't press copies of it anymore. Sucks because that is the best album.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
I'm not trying to discourage you, but for me demo tracks are pretty much worthless, at least as bonus tracks on an EP. They can be fun, but I do not find them interesting enough to pay for them. There are a few bands of which I'll practically buy any release, including singles and EP's, but as far as other bands go, I only buy EP's, if they offer valuable extras, like non-album tracks, many live tracks or even a bonus DVD (like Delain did recently).

I've read that the demos are actually really good versions, quality-wise, but I'm still likely to wait for the album.

I do have all the Leaves' Eyes EP's though. Lots of alternate versions & unreleased tracks make those worth buying for sure.

More worth the time trying to hunt down a copy of Enter. Took me a long time to get it because they don't press copies of it anymore. Sucks because that is the best album.

Enter is one of the 2 or 3 albums I downloaded from a fileshare site. I always prefer a physical copy of an album, even if the first thing I do is rip it, then put it away.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've read that the demos are actually really good versions, quality-wise, but I'm still likely to wait for the album.

I do have all the Leaves' Eyes EP's though. Lots of alternate versions & unreleased tracks make those worth buying for sure.

Enter is one of the 2 or 3 albums I downloaded from a fileshare site. I always prefer a physical copy of an album, even if the first thing I do is rip it, then put it away.

Yeah I understand peeps who download it. The album is extremely hard to find and if willing to fork out a fair bit of money its worth getting but if not that's fair enough too.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
There's actually several copies on ebay at the moment under 3 or 4 different labels, I'm not sure which are the official ones and which are the Argentinian knockoffs.

When I look ed a while back, there was about one copy for a really high price.

I would like to buy a copy, does anyone know which labels are the "good ones"? Avalon may be the Japanese release and that's probably an official release.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score

"Enter" was excellent, as was the follow up EP "The Dance", but I still think "Mother Earth" was superior and their best album to date.

Yeah, same here. I even bought some German magazine to get an exclusive “Melusine“ EP. I agree, they are all worth buying!

I would like to buy a copy, does anyone know which labels are the "good ones"? Avalon may be the Japanese release and that's probably an official release.

The original “Enter” album was released on DSFA Records and yes, the Avalon version is the official japanese release. I do not know where you are from, but in Europe you should not pay more than around 20 euros/pounds for it, as that’s the price you’ll find on the respective Amazon sites. Dunno about the prices on Ebay and if you live outside Europa, I guess you need to accept a higher price. But have a look around. Good luck.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Second official vid, for the track Dangerous. Looks like Robert took the day off for this one. Howard Jones (Killswitch Engage) is the guest vocalist.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Don't bother when it comes to buying Enter unless you are a diehard collector of rare albums. lol Find it digitally if you can, physical copies are expensive and yes including on Amazon. I saw one for 1000 dollars. Absolute rort. Anyone who pays that much for an album is a moron.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Someone may be crazy enough to list an album for $1000, but hopefully nobody would pay that much.

I said earlier I paid $200 for Quiet Riot I (sealed/mint) and I still think it was worth it. Really depends on how badly you want something.

I would pay $30-$50 for a sealed "official" copy of Enter and might one of these days.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online