Within Temptation (Official Thread)

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Thanks for fixing it.

It is actually my wallpaper at home right now, I couldn't resist.

I should do a PhotoShop mix of different scenes from the video like I did from a Moonspell video a few years ago.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Full album to be released on January 31, 2014.

The name of the album, Hydra

Story on official website, along with pre-order information.

Within Temptation collaborated with several special guests on ‘Hydra’: Tarja Turunen, Dave Pirner of Soul Asylum and metalcore hero Howard Jones, formerly of Killswitch Engage as well as US hip-hop icon Xzibit.

Robert: “Xzibit is amazing. ‘And We Run’ song is about how you’ve got to live your life now. He’s rapping at full force on this song, it’s really heavy.” Sharon adds: “Xzibit brings a new element to our music that we’ve never had before! It’s a new cross-over and we love it!” As for the mighty Tarja, Sharon recalls: “The way she delivers those high melody lines left us all speechless. We had a great time, and the fans responded beyond our expectations.”

One of the album’s heaviest tracks, ‘Dangerous’ was recorded with the former Killswitch Engage singer Howard Jones, whose epic vocals are a perfect fit for Sharon’s. “I always loved Howard’s voice,” she says. “He makes the song even heavier than it already is. That song is one of my favorite songs on the record and one of the fastest we’ve ever written. It has the most bass drums we’ve ever used, too, and a very fast riff which we doubled with synths. It’s not a typical synthesizer, though – it’s distorted like a guitar, and it’s very aggressive.”

‘Hydra’ goes from strength to strength with ‘Whole World Is Watching’, featuring Soul Asylum’s singer Dave Pirner. “When we wrote ‘Whole World Is Watching’, Dave was at the very top of our list. He has such a captivating voice: it made the song exactly how it needed to be.“

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Yeah, I am really looking forward to it as well. I normally try not to, but I have high expectations after "The Unforgiving", which is quite possibly my fave album since "Mother Earth (I don't think they'll ever top - some nostalgic connection to that album makes it extra special to me.

Last edited:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Honestly this band has never released anything that failed to really interest me so I will always expect big things from a new album. The Unforgiving was a great album but hope the next album will have more of an epic sort of symphonic sound like some of the earlier work.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Looking forward to hearing Dangerous in particular, Howard Jones has a terrific voice and I can imagine just how well it will fit with Sharon's vocals. Not a hip-hop fan in any shape or form so don't know how much I'll like Xzibit's input on the album, but I'll hold judgement until I've heard the song.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I would like to see things get back to Mother Earth....that album is just soooo....:pullhair:....from beginning to end :grinthumb

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
I'm tempted to buy the Paradise EP, with the title track & 3 album tracks in demo form.

There's a couple on ebay at the moment. I don't normally buy EP's unless there's something extra to be gained.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online