With what methods did you listen to music from 1970 to 1980?

With what methods did you listen to music from 1970 to 1980?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Records and Cassettes

Cassettes didn't weather very well

but i had /still do/ about 200-300 of them lol

Attachments

• Cassette-Player.jpg
    Cassette-Player.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 23
  • record_player.jpg
    record_player.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 23

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I pretty much check boxed all the choices:

I had a growing collection of vinyl.
8 tracks were played in the car and so were cassettes, but mostly 8 tracks.
Cassettes.
We all had "boom" boxes for radios.
and we went clubbing quite a bit...so a DJ was a big thing.

Rocker440

Reaction score
Records and Cassettes

Cassettes didn't weather very well

but i had /still do/ about 200-300 of them lol

That equipment looks familiar, Astrid! Perhaps a little too familiar, but that's ok! :grinthumb That tape deck looks very similar to one that I would try to record music from (AM/FM) radio onto cassette tapes and also my older siblings vinyl, too. Cassette tapes weren't too well made then, and although I still do have a few of them, I rarely listen to them for fear they will snap! :heheh: It was commonplace for that to happen quite a lot then, but with a little scotch tape I'd be back in business before too long! :lmao:

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
all
vinyl-most of the time
cassettes-late 70's I taped lots of radio shows and had tons of Grateful dead bootlegs on cassettes
my brother had an 8 track so we listened
radio-WNEW in NY was a staple in my home.
Reel to Reel -two of my friends had reel to reel-awesome sound they had top of the line stereo systems too something my family didn't have.
other-live music of course

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
That equipment looks familiar, Astrid! Perhaps a little too familiar, but that's ok! :grinthumb That tape deck looks very similar to one that I would try to record music from (AM/FM) radio onto cassette tapes and also my older siblings vinyl, too. Cassette tapes weren't too well made then, and although I still do have a few of them, I rarely listen to them for fear they will snap! :heheh: It was commonplace for that to happen quite a lot then, but with a little scotch tape I'd be back in business before too long! :lmao:

What ARE you implying eh ???:D

lol Yeah I SNAPPED plenty of cassettes in my time..

I gave my Thriller-Michael Jackson , to My 11 year old lol..he bought a Cassette player like the one i showed for 2.00 $ and a box of cassettes (about 20 !) for a buck lol..Rolling Stones, Grateful Dead, The Kinks ..among them..they play ok..fuzzy sounds tho..:grinthumb

Rocker440

Reaction score

What ARE you implying eh ???:D

lol Yeah I SNAPPED plenty of cassettes in my time..

I gave my Thriller-Michael Jackson , to My 11 year old lol..he bought a Cassette player like the one i showed for 2.00 $ and a box of cassettes (about 20 !) for a buck lol..Rolling Stones, Grateful Dead, The Kinks ..among them..they play ok..fuzzy sounds tho..:grinthumb

That it's nice to know that I wasn't the only person that used that kind of primitive equipment to try to make homemade music prototypes! :heheh:

The Panasonic tape deck that I used was both very fickle and rather notorious for not cooperating and also for snapping several of the 'high' quality BASF cassette tapes usually in the middle of an attempted recording, too. :lmao:

:)

Odysseus

Kustom Kartilage
Reaction score
I didn't begin purchasing albums until late in the 70's but I listened to my older siblings vinyl.

Radio most of the time.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
That it's nice to know that I wasn't the only person that used that kind of primitive equipment to try to make homemade music prototypes! :heheh:

The Panasonic tape deck that I used was both very fickle and rather notorious for not cooperating and also for snapping several of the 'high' quality BASF cassette tapes usually in the middle of an attempted recording, too. :lmao:

:)

:lmao:

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Vinyl, cassette tapes and radio.

Have a moderate vinyl collection, started late with cd's, still play a lot of vinyl.
In that day there was a music library where you could borrow records, I did that a lot and taped them. Still have some old tapes.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online