Wino by Lynyrd Skynyrd

nedkelly

Reaction score
I have been hooked to this Skynyrd song forever. In my opinion it's the best LS tune ever. The riffs, melody and arrangements...and the lyrics are so meaningfully powerful.
However, I noticed the band hardly ever performed it live and it's pretty hard to find it 100 % on You Tube or elsewhere. Can anyone here tell me why the band hardly performed it live and where I can listen to it from start to end ? Ty.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
As you can guess by the videos Vader posted, the track is from "Skynyrd's First and... Last", which was supposed to be Lynyrd Skynyrd's debut album, but wasn't released until 1978. The album was reissued in 1998 and named "Skynyrd's First: The Complete Muscle Shoals Album" with bonus tracks. The track "Wino" was co-written by Rickey Medlocke (Blackfoot), who also sang on two tunes on that album ("White Dove" and "The Seasons"). I highly recommend that you get the expanded edition. Trust me, with Lynyrd Skynyrd it is well worth going beyond the official studio releases and live albums and find the deep cuts, that you'll find on compilations like "Legend", the green box-set etc. Heck, you'll find some amazing stuff on the expanded reissues of the studio albums. Even demo versions are worh exploring when it comes to Skynyrd.

E-Z

Reaction score
As you can guess by the videos Vader posted, the track is from "Skynyrd's First and... Last", which was supposed to be Lynyrd Skynyrd's debut album, but wasn't released until 1978. The album was reissued in 1998 and named "Skynyrd's First: The Complete Muscle Shoals Album" with bonus tracks. The track "Wino" was co-written by Rickey Medlocke (Blackfoot), who also sang on two tunes on that album ("White Dove" and "The Seasons"). I highly recommend that you get the expanded edition. Trust me, with Lynyrd Skynyrd it is well worth going beyond the official studio releases and live albums and find the deep cuts, that you'll find on compilations like "Legend", the green box-set etc. Heck, you'll find some amazing stuff on the expanded reissues of the studio albums. Even demo versions are worh exploring when it comes to Skynyrd.

Wow!!. I haven't heard Skynyrd's First And...Last album for upwards of 20 years now and I remember really enjoying it back then even over some of there other albums!!.

I am going to get a copy of this album on cd in the next few days!.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
That's strange, they both play perfectly for me.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JessKellow

Members online

No members online now.