~Lost Album by Too Much~

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IMG_1249.jpeg

I am always looking for and listening to something “heavy”. One of my best resources to find something from the late 60’s & early 70’s is YouTube. I came across this lost gem of 1971 from a Japanese band, Too Much.

Members:
Juni Rush (Joko Lashu) - lead vocals
Tutomu Ogawa (Junio Nakahara) - lead guitar, acoustic guitar
Masayuki Aoki - bass
Hide ya Kobayashi - drums, percussion
Mickie - organ, piano
Tomita - string arrangements

The best way I can describe the album is a mix of hard rock, blues rock, psychedelic rock, and progressive rock. A varied mix of heavy & mellow songs. Very clear English vocals, outstanding musicianship. Excellent album, IMO.

Not much to be found about this band on the internet. Sadly, this was their only album.

Reminiscence

Full Album

Has anyone ever heard this album?

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
View attachment 222546

I am always looking for and listening to something “heavy”. One of my best resources to find something from the late 60’s & early 70’s is YouTube. I came across this lost gem of 1971 from a Japanese band, Too Much.

Members:
Juni Rush (Joko Lashu) - lead vocals
Tutomu Ogawa (Junio Nakahara) - lead guitar, acoustic guitar
Masayuki Aoki - bass
Hide ya Kobayashi - drums, percussion
Mickie - organ, piano
Tomita - string arrangements

The best way I can describe the album is a mix of hard rock, blues rock, psychedelic rock, and progressive rock. A varied mix of heavy & mellow songs. Very clear English vocals, outstanding musicianship. Excellent album, IMO.

Not much to be found about this band on the internet. Sadly, this was their only album.

Reminiscence

Full Album

Has anyone ever heard this album?
Info
I would also call it proto prog rock not proto metal

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Info
I would also call it proto prog rock not proto metal
Thank you for the link!

I agree, proto prog is more fitting…it’s the instrumentation.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
At the risk of repeating myself, some fantastic albums and songs from this era-I thought I was keeping my head above water digging Three Man Army and Paladin etc.. but recently I've been learning and listening to a wealth of lost music (I wonder if anyone promoted these bands back then?)

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
No, though I'm curious about how a Japanese Band released an album through Atlantic Record Label. I'm guessing they went to America to make that album.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
.... Well..... I've yet to venture down that avenue - guessing it's like grunge punk?
"Crusties" in my day were those new age hippies with a dog leashed by bailing twine, combat boots and furroging thru sidewalk trash bins for dinner.
(amendment alert!) also known as Stench Core!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online