Wings and Joe Cocker Guitarist Henry McCullough Suffered Brain Damage

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Henry-McCullough.jpg

SOURCE LINK

Back in November, we learned that Henry McCullough, the guitarist who worked with Joe Cocker and Paul McCartney in Wings, was in critical condition following a serious heart attack. Unfortunately, McCullough’s recovery has not gone as well as hoped. This Wednesday (Jan. 30) it was reported that McCullough has suffered brain damage as well.

The news comes courtesy of drummer Denny Seiwell, who played with McCullough in Wings from 1971-73. Seiwell has been in contact with McCullough’s family throughout the ordeal and relayed the information to Something Else! Reviews.

“Unfortunately, we just got some bad news on Henry’s condition,” he said. “By the time the ambulance got there, because the lack of oxygen from that period of the heart attack through first treatment, he’s suffered some significant brain damage.”

Seiwell and McCullough met in Wings after McCullough’s spell in Cocker’s Grease Band, which included a legendary performance at Woodstock. They quit the band in 1973 at roughly the same time – during rehearsals for ‘Band on the Run’ – but remained friends and even recorded an EP of Beatles songs together last year. However, Seiwell’s prognosis for McCullough’s future is less-than optimistic.

“Josie [McCullough's longtime partner] is very hopeful,” he continued. “But some of the doctors — according to friends — don’t think that he’s going to have much of a recovery. He’s going to need constant care the rest of his life.”

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Sad state of affairs...I would rather them Not try to save me if I ended up with severe brain trauma. Just let nature take it's course, unplug me from the wall socket if my body can't function on it's own then it's not living, it's existence and a continuing burden on your loved ones.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
This all makes me really sad, not only because I'm a BEATLES fan and WINGS fan but because I was lucky enough to meet him. He was so nice to my daughter and very sweet to her.

This stinks :uh:

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
Sad news indeed. I was lucky enough to meet him once and he was a real gentleman. My thoughts and prayers go out to Henry, his friends and family, as well as his fans.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Craqdi

Members online

No members online now.