Who's Number One?

Reaction score
I have three different ones I check but they involve some cool road/shopping trips as they are all roughly two hours away down state. I guarantee Tom Petty has rarities. I'm sure he's released singles with b-sides on them. You just have to check every music store you go to obsessively. I much prefer this scavenging to internet scavenging by the way. The clicking of an internet search engine is just a lifeless way of searching for me but in a music shop I just get excited as I eyeball for material. The internet is good for stuff I'll never be able to acquire a physical copy of. For example, I never thought that Billy Corgans first band The Marked would ever have songs on youtube and while doing my Smashing Pumpkins thread I got to hear it for the first time. It's not ownership but if I know that's the closest I'll get to the material then it's better than nothing and a gift just to experience that history! :grinthumb

very true... I forgot about the b side singles because those were all put into the 6 disc compilation Playback.. its either six or seven discs I can't remember, along with some of the live stuff, the other two anothologies have covered just about everything recorded live

I just looked up all the singles from TP, there are only three that are not on an album, and that includes Mudcrutch... and the Mudcrutch two are depot Street and Up In Mississippi which I've never even seen.... I've at least seen the other ones, but I have to find that one, so thanks for inspiring me to do that:heheh:

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
Over 20 CDs of Bruce Springsteen and 5 DVDs

Over 20 CDs of Neil Young

Over 20 CDs Of Van Morrison

Those are the top 3.

Craig in Indy

Your cool Uncle
Reaction score
I'm not at home so I can't give a count on classicals, but among non-classicals my biggest collection is Bruce Cockburn at 31 albums. Second is probably the Beatles at around 22 or so, followed by either Jackson Browne or the Beach Boys at around 16 or 17 each, then Gordon Lightfoot with about 13 or 14.

Last edited:

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Must be Black Sabbath :eek:hyeah:. 14, both albums and cd's.

Second is Led Zeppelin with 12 both cd's and albums.

Wow, That 70's Guy : that;s a lot of Kiss albums!!

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I would have to pick Robin Trower.. He's the only artist I can say that I have pretty much all of his stuff up to around 1999..

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I only have Bridge of Sighs by Robin Thumper so you got me beat there.:D

Some interesting posts last night, I will make a condensed list of everybody's number one bands later this week just for fun.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Hm I can't do it by albums
but by songs on itunes
The Beatles-915 songs
Tori Amos-641 songs plus several bootlegs not on itunes and a few collector and promo stuff I've never bothered to put on itunes cause I've got the songs already.
Bob Dylan-536 songs plus a few dozen extra bootlegs not on itunes
Grateful Dead-450 songs plus endless amounts of bootlegs not copied to itunes plus 3 dozen cassette tapes in the closet.
Gong and Gong Family-had to say but I've got 250 gong songs, 105 Steve Hillage songs, 74 Daevid Allen Songs and at least another 100 other related band stuff.

classical-over 100 songs(pieces) by both Vivaldi and Beethoven

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
915 Beatles songs AK...that is a lot. I never realized they even recorded that many.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online

No members online now.