Who's Number One?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Surprised me with your other two though, Kiss and Acca Dacca...I would have thought some Mellow music would be close to the top spot.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I had a friend many years ago who was a member of the official fan club and got all the little Christmas fan-club EPs they used to send out. I remember hearing a funny little version of "Good King Wenceslas" that Lennon made up alternative lyrics for.

:heheh: I have that!! Good stuff!!! all the Christmas fan club stuff is great! I play it every year!! :cheers:

b.o.b.

Reaction score
I can't compete with some of the great collectors here, but talking only about cd's, I have:

12 x Yes
10 x Iron Maiden
10 x Metallica
10 x My Dying Bride

Still working on it :D

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
Without a doubt, the kings of my collection are none other than Sparks. Closely followed by the Carpenters (7 records). (A click on the "record collection" link in my sig will lead you to the cold hard truth.)

I've managed to collect 16 of their 22 albums on vinyl (though I don't really think I'll be buying the vinyl cut for "The Seduction of Ingmar Bergman" no matter how much I want to contribute to their low revenue). Two of those albums I have doubles of (because one is on red vinyl, and the other is only there because of a purchase mistake, bwaha). I also have 13 12" singles (despite the fact that there are a few others that I really want but my pocketbook suffers lately) two of them being coloured vinyl.

Most of my Sparks records (including the 12" singles) have been imported from the UK and Germany. (And let me tell you, the exchange rate is freaking awful.) My most expensive record is my yellow 12" "Beat the Clock", which, to my memory, was almost 40 US dollars.

I also have the rare "Profile" collection (2 discs, CD format) and 1 of their 3 DVDs released (live footage from London, 2000/01) - however I'm hoping to snag another one of these days! Most of the MP3's I've purchased legally have been (aye, you guessed it) also Sparks. So basically I'm always Sparkin'.

If you take a gander at Alocer's CRF Cribs thread you'll see that Sparks have also taken over my tiny little bedroom! (And that's nothing compared to the Sparks buttons I have.)

So yeah. It's safe to say that my collection has been outnumbered by the Mael persuasion.

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
My Hendrix collection (all media types) is roughly 40 to 50 albums worth of tunes.
2/3rds of that is live.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I have all Led Zeppelin Studio work on vinyl and cd, plus Various live cds and bootlegs.
I guess they have to be my No 1

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Some more heavy hitters mentioned, I have all of Led Zeppelin's studio releases no bootlegs though, but only two Hendrix albums Shadow, "Are You Experienced", and "Electric Ladyland".

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
Lord Grendel said:
However if I list the artists from over a 100 years ago, it's not even close. I have 67 Beethoven CD's in the house, that really surprised me I never did count them all before.:mn:

Have you ever tried to do a count by symphony orchestra?

rtbuck said:
My Father in Law would be proud of you! He loves classical & sings for the Buffalo Philharmonic. He's performed in Prague twice over the last few years.

So how many albums do you have by the Buffalo Philharmonic?

:huh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean exactly Hep??

And who is your most popular artist on the shelves?

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online