Which "Offbeat" '90s Female Artist Do You Prefer?

Which "Offbeat" '90s Female Artist Do You Prefer?

• Fiona Apple.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Lisa Loeb.

• Liz Phair.

• Natalie Merchant.

• Tori Amos.

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Other (Please List).

• Total voters

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
Out of these uniquely crazy musical chicks, which one takes your vote? On top of that, why do you like them more than the others? If there's another Artist, then list her and make sure that she actually is kinda crazy/unique. No, I wouldn't consider Sarah McLachlan or even Alanis Morissette that type of deep, dark, "offbeat", somewhat underrated Artist, ya know? I think that the 5 in my list fill those titles out better. Vote away!:D

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
Of those listed, I voted for Liz Phair. However, there was a group in the late 80s/early 90s called Mary's Danish which was fronted by two female singers named Gretchen Seager and Julie Ritter. I thought they were great, especially Julie.

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
^ That's cool. Perhaps it's better to go with Liz Phair as more of an Artist rather than a Band though, ya know?

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
^ I don't like Tomatoes but I do like these Artists. At least somewhat. Tomatoes are not in this list.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Definitely Fiona Apple for me. Her deep voice just drips with cool and her material was both unique & catchy. Some poignant stuff, too.

But if we're talking off the beaten path, in my personal humble little opinion none of these gals are in the same league as Ani Difranco. She'll always be The Original Queen of Quirk in my world. :3

I love the polls you do btw, RG.

WetWilly

Whiskey Rock-A-Roller
Reaction score
I could've went with Tori Amos or Fiona Apple, I like a lot of their stuff. But I voted for Natalie Merchant, I really like her voice and she has some good solo stuff and with 10,000 Maniacs.

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
Definitely Fiona Apple for me. Her deep voice just drips with cool and her material was both unique & catchy. Some poignant stuff, too.

But if we're talking off the beaten path, in my personal humble little opinion none of these gals are in the same league as Ani Difranco. She'll always be The Original Queen of Quirk in my world. :3

I love the polls you do btw, RG.
I guess that you could say that it's more about darkness and having a deep, somewhat unknown quality to their music rather than just being quirky/weird, ya know? Perhaps you could compare it to those scientists that go beyond the depths of anyone else before in deep darkness just to find Octopus, Squid, Jellyfish and other "new" monsters of the deep that nobody has ever seen before. Man, music can really be so strange yet thought provoking all in one.

I'm quite glad that you give credit to and/or enjoy my polls. Thanks for saying so!:grinthumb

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
But I voted for Natalie Merchant, I really like her voice and she has some good solo stuff and with 10,000 Maniacs.
I'm very happy that you went with Natalie Merchant, as I truly do love her. She is easily one of the better Female voices around and I really loved her solo stuff along with the 10,000 Maniacs Albums that I own by her called "Blind Man's Zoo", "In My Tribe" and "The Wishing Chair." She's very underrated.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online