What's Your Favorite Rolling Stones' Album with Brian Jones?

Favorite Stones album with Brian Jones in the Line-up?

• Total voters

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Foxhound asked me to add a Poll to TL's thread with 11 albums to pick from, vote for one or all of them it is up to you

Well, then...I'll vote for them all then. :)

I'm serious, when I say I love them all.

Maybe in the future, we could do another poll where we'd have to pick just one. That would be interesting.

As the years go by, it seems like the Brian Jones era seems to be fading a bit. You hear a lot about the Mick Taylor era a lot. I love the Mick Taylor era, but please never forget the great music the Rolling Stones made with Brian Jones.

2ntjkav.jpg

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
...but please never forget the great music the Rolling Stones made with Brian Jones.

You can rest assured that I'll not forget the Stones sixties music while I still live. They'll have to pry my vintage Stones' LPs from my cold dead fingers!

Attachments

• brian20b.jpg
    brian20b.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 80

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score
yeah the Brian Jones era is my favorite era for the Stones. they put out so much quality material that its really hard to top.

i ended up voting for their debut, Flowers, and Beggars Banquet

Rocker440

Reaction score
"Let It Bleed" is not really a good pick for an album with Brian Jones' participation though. He had minor parts in just two of the tracks from "Let It Bleed".

Here would be my picks in order of preference:

Flowers
December's Children
Rolling Stones Now
Beggars' Banquet
Their Satanic Majesties Request
Between the Buttons(U.S.)
Out of Our Heads
Aftermath(U.S.)
England's Newest Hitmakers
12 X 5
Let It Bleed

:guitar:

Whoops, I had forgotten that Brian Jones had performed on just two of the songs on "Let It Bleed". :blush: It remains one of my favorite Stones albums. It has been some time since I've listened to that album, too. The poll wasn't included when I first posted, as well. I'll go with "Beggars' Banquet" "Aftermath" and "Flowers"! :tup:

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmm. It's still a tie for first here between "Flowers" and "Beggars Banquet".

:heheh:

Last edited:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Beggars Banquet just ahead of Flowers "Sympathy For The Devil" and "Stray Cat Blues" swing it for me

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score
Aftermath and Flowers are my favorites. I would say Brian's biggest contribution on an album is Aftermath. He played several instruments on each track.

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score
I shouldn't have voted before I've had coffee - voted Satanic instead of Beggar's by mistake... :heheh:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online