What's the most overrated classic rock song?

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
The most overrated POS song in the history of overrated POS classic rock songs, without a doubt and I don't even have to think about it:

Bob Dylan - Like a Rolling Stone

Nothing else even comes close for me. I would rather not ever hear any music ever again for the rest of my life than to be subjected to listening to that overrated drivel.

Honorable mention (off of the top of my head without thinking too hard about it):
Neil Young - Heart of Gold
David Bowie - Space Oddity
The Who - Literally anything they put out before 1971
The Beatles - A Day in the Life
Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run (but you could put 95% of his catalog here)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I dont put these into a "classic rock" category, but just mentioning that they are vastly overrated songs by vastly overrated and in my opinion, shitty bands:

Nirvana - literally every thing they did, but specifically Smells Like Teen Spirit, even though it was the best thing they ever did. yeah, that means the rest of their sappy and crappy catalog is that bad.

Radiohead - Creep ... someday, for the love of God, someone PLEASE explain the draw to this weak, lame ass song to me. Dumb it down to a third grader level so that I can get it because I certainly do NOT get it.

Pearl Jam - (tie) Jeremy and/or Alive

Green Day -
(tie) Basket Case and/or When I Come Around

BikerDude

Dude
Reaction score
The most overrated POS song in the history of overrated POS classic rock songs, without a doubt and I don't even have to think about it:

Bob Dylan - Like a Rolling Stone

Nothing else even comes close for me. I would rather not ever hear any music ever again for the rest of my life than to be subjected to listening to that overrated drivel.

Honorable mention (off of the top of my head without thinking too hard about it):
Neil Young - Heart of Gold
David Bowie - Space Oddity
The Who - Literally anything they put out before 1971
The Beatles - A Day in the Life
Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run (but you could put 95% of his catalog here)

I gotta say I love Like A Rolling Stone.
Even to this day it's like Dylan pointing his old finger at all the spoiled brats in the world.
Right during the "youth movement". I can't help it. I love the cranky old bastard.
But I admit that I never listen to him.
Maybe Dylan/Band via the Basement Tapes.

SanguineRemedy

Speed Demon
Reaction score
Anything by Bruce Springsteen and Billy Joel will get labeled as overrated by me.. can't stand either and if someone turns them on in my car I make them pass the aux back.

There is nothing captivating about either artist. It's just looped commercial garbage

BikerDude

Dude
Reaction score
Anything by Bruce Springsteen and Billy Joel will get labeled as overrated by me.. can't stand either and if someone turns them on in my car I make them pass the aux back.

There is nothing captivating about either artist. It's just looped commercial garbage

Never understood the Billy Joel thing either.

Bruce I can take slightly during his early stuff when he had that Jersey sound going like Southside Johnny.
Bruce took it mainstream but it had a rather long tradition before him.
Southside Johnny also expressed that sound and ironically caught shit for sounding like Springsteen.

Last edited:

Schmetterling

Reaction score
Anything by the rolling stones. I can't stand them.....

but there are lots of runners up..!:mad:

Schmetterling

Reaction score
"Stairway To Heaven"

Personal taste I suppose. I don't really rate Led Zep all that highly but Led Zep 4 was probably their high point and I love this song and have never gotten sick of it. Their best song without a doubt (in my opinion)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online