What was your first concert?

ittibittymama

lilpookie
Reaction score
Mine was in 1994 when I went with my parents to go see Jimmy Page and Robert Plant in the No Quarter tour. That was eye-opening. I think I was the only nine year old kid to completely understand what I saw that night and i will never forget it as long as i live. That's when I really got into Led Zepplin. I mean i was obsessed. I remember my mother would get so mad at me for taking her record player in my room and smuggling in her albums too. Woooo, was that woman pissed off.....But anywho, No Quarter tour was the first and the best I've ever seen.

sgtchewy

Reaction score
My first concert was at some wine festival with my uncle in Temecula or something where we saw Bad Company with Paul Rogers and then Toto played last! can u believe Toto played last when Paul Rogers and Bad Company were there? it was tight though

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
My first concert was seeing Frank Sinatra. When I was a kid my dad took me to see him, don't ask me why LOL

MilesMingus

Reaction score
My first concert was at The Steel Pier in Atlantic City, NJ...It was a class trip for the 7th grade the group was the Soul Surviors and the year was 1967...My first real "ROCK" concert was in 1970 at a small convention center in Wildwood, NJ, the two group lineup was a band called Sweathog and a new British band called Black Sabbath...Paranoid had just come out and they played every song from it and the 1st LP...I remember Ozzy dressed in a fannel shirt and jeans and drinking 7oz Rolling Rock beers...Great show

pooldude

Older than Dirt
Reaction score
My very 1st concert (besides local teen dance / h.s. sock hops) was The Syndicate of Sound, who played @ the Jacksonville Beach Civic Auditorium way back in the Spring of '67, when I was in my junior year of High School. Yea, we had local bands playing teen clubs, but the Syndicate of Sound, from San Jose California was the Big Time.

The groovy Syndicate of Sound had a jingle-jangle proto garage punk "Nuggets" type hit song called "Hey Little Girl" that went to #1 on Jacksonville's WAPE Radio: The Big Ape: 50,000 Watts! way back when.

45348312-4e9c-012E0178-.gif

In celebration of this historic event, I managed to score a warm 6 pack of beer, downed most of 'em on the way, parked my Dad's borrowed Caddy up over the curb, put on a pair of dark sunglasses like Bob Dylan, & walked into the show.

It wasn't but about 15 minutes before I had to wiz...I staggered into the Civic bathroom barely able to stand straight. I turned around while relieving myself, only to see 2 of Jacksonville's Finest leaning against the opposite wall, starin' @ me, & smackin' their flashlights against their palms.

I tried to walk back out to the show completely nonchalant when they stopped me @ the bathroom door, demanding to know how much I had to drink, & why was I wearing shades @ nite. Wanting to be a good citizen, & figuring they would let me off, I admitted to drinking 1 beer, only.

They looked @ each other & said "We have to make an example out of somebody"...& off to the clink I went. I was unconscious within 5 minutes of hitting the cell bunk, right up until my Dad came to bail me out the next morning. And no, I didn't get punked. :)

The Jacksonville Beach Judge was very stern, & uptight about local teenage surfers drinking, & ended up sentencing me to a fine of $200 (back when minimum wage was $1.25 hr) & 6 months probation, for being underage Drunk & Disorderly in Public.

It pissed me off so bad that I went & closed out my savings account & caught the next plane to San Francisco & the Haight Ashbury, in June '67. I left town with $200, my Yater Spoon Surfboard, & 1 suitcase, half filled with back issues of Surfer Magazine. I left behind my Epiphone Hollow-body Electric & Silvertone Twin 12 amp, cause I was travellin' light, & runnin' from the Law!

I never ever went back again to Jax Beach, where I'm probably still wanted for jumping probation...thanks to the Syndicate of Sound, & warm Budweiser.

45348311-5a21-013B01A8-.gif

deezee

Reaction score
alan freed's big beat of 1958 (in the spring of that year) in nyc with chuck berry, jerry lee lewis and buddy holly amongst about 10-12 other acts.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LongIshmael

Members online