What was your first concert?

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
kvcoty said:
My sister just reminded me we couldn't hear right for a week because Magic Dick's harp playing was earpiercing but well worth it. He is the best harmonica player in the universe.

I don't know man. I'd put John Popper of Blues Traveler up against him. But I've never seen J. Giles live so I really can't say.

Guitarplayer1989

Reaction score
Since I'm young (born in '89) i also wish i was around to see all te great 60's, 70's, and 80's bands. My first concert was the Brian Setzer Orchestra in Atlantic City. However my first Classic Rock concert was Skynyrd and Hagar on a double bill. Skynyrd was excellent! Freebird had to be at least half an hour.

L

lastofthesummerwine

Argent cancelled out of a gig in my other-side-of-BFE hometown and an unknown band called Blue Oyster Cult filled in. :D

kvcoty

Reaction score
TeleCat said:
I don't know man. I'd put John Popper of Blues Traveler up against him. But I've never seen J. Giles live so I really can't say.

I've seen both live and Magic Dick is better but both have merit. Listen to "Whammer Jammer" on Full House album and imagine standing in front of the speakers and you'll see what I mean.

jailbreak

Reaction score
the first one i picked was cheap trick/saxon 1982. the first one i ever saw in my life was janis joplin in 1968 i was a baby then.first one i saw in the 80's that i had to go to jimmy buffet/jerry jeff walker.

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Can't remember the year but I was about 12 or 13, it was Aerosmith with Rick Derringer as the opening act. Pretty awesome concert. This was back in the early 70s.

Also remember seeing Loggins and Messina with my older cousin and her boyfriend when I was 12 or 13. Considering this was about thirty-something years ago, it's hard to remember which was actually first. LOL

Gearjammer

Devout Heathen
Reaction score
I saw The Who, or three quarters of the WHO, when they started touring again in 1989. I saw them at the former Sullivan stadium, which then became Foxboro stadium, then became a parking lot...........it was a great show.

The funny thing is, I have seen The Who, Dead, and Pink Floyd at Foxboro stadium, which holds something like 70,000, and every show I have seen there, I have seen someone I knew, which is something that has never happened at any other show I have seen, all of which were in MUCH smaller venues.

Rapid Fire

Reaction score
my first concert was Electric Light Orchestra on the 'Out of the Blue' tour. They had the huge spaceship with them.

Martin Q. Blank

The Happening
Reaction score
Don't laugh...The Monkees, 1989.

Unfortunately, Mike Nesmith wasn't joining the party at that point.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online