What was your first concert?

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
yeah, when Nicky Hopkins was in Quicksilver I'm almost sure they charted.
good song too.
sounded so different from Happy Trails era but it was good.

H

Heavy Horses

First Concert

In 1973, when I was 15 years young, I saw my first concert. It turns out that, over the years, they, at that time, and from then on, would be my FAVORITE group. Having seen them 16 time since then, Ladies & Gentleman I present to you JETHRO TULL.

kath

astronomy domino's™
Reaction score
Heavy Horses said:
In 1973, when I was 15 years young, I saw my first concert. It turns out that, over the years, they, at that time, and from then on, would be my FAVORITE group. Having seen them 16 time since then, Ladies & Gentleman I present to you JETHRO TULL.

yep, there's someone who's more of a tull freak around here than i am. i've only seen em ten times.

first concert~~my dad took me to the carpenters when i was 9. but i'm not gonna count that.

first real concert~~the stones, when i was 12.

willg54

Reaction score
I used to really like the Carpenters, but at the same time, I was diggin' on Hendrix. So there. :p
My first REAL concert was Santana at age twelve, but my dad took me over to the Stanford University Auditorium to see Louis Armstrong when I was eight(1962). Does that count?!? :cool:

P

PennyLane12

My first concert was Paul McCartney and it was ******* amazing!!!!!!!!

cnbpjb

Reaction score
I hate to admit this but my first concert was the Go-Go's/A Flock Of Seagulls concert at St. Petersburg, FL's Bayfront Center in October 1982 (it was the early-80's, excuse me) -- I was only 18 years old at the time and it was one of the few concerts I could afford, at that time. And besides the Go-Go's were pretty cool at that time, after their hits, "We Got The Beat", "Our Lips Are Sealed" & "Vacation" & the album, "Beauty & the Beat" and looking at the lead singer of the Seagulls' hair was just really hillarous!

kvcoty

Reaction score
My "real" concert headliner was J. Geils Band 1981 Freeze Frame tour, but I had actually seen them in White Horse Beach, MA years earlier, but only for a song or two, I was way underage to be in the bar maybe 11-12.) Got caught. They were electric live and I have always liked there live albums. Thanks Dad for the tickets.

kvcoty

Reaction score
kvcoty said:
My "real" concert headliner was J. Geils Band 1981 Freeze Frame tour, but I had actually seen them in White Horse Beach, MA years earlier, but only for a song or two, I was way underage to be in the bar maybe 11-12.) Got caught. They were electric live and I have always liked there live albums. Thanks Dad for the tickets.

My sister just reminded me we couldn't hear right for a week because Magic Dick's harp playing was earpiercing but well worth it. He is the best harmonica player in the universe.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online