What was your first concert?

RoxorFuxor

Awesome Monger
Reaction score
I saw The Allman Bros. Band. I didn't enjoy it. They didn't want to be there and it really killed the mood. They didn't really play that many songs I like, either. After that, I kind of got bored with them.

eccentric man

Reaction score
my first 'real' concert was the summersault festival in 1998. mostly canadian bands especially when they got to my end of the country. off the top of my head i remember seeing.

on the small stage...
ar libido (sucked hard)
julie doiron
bucket truck (awesome)
joydrop
treble charger
BTK (basically canada's version of the beastie boys at the time haha)

then the main stage had...
i mother earth (awesome even if it was the new singer's 3rd show)
sloan (awesomer)
esthero (got drenched while she performed otherwise great)
moist (great aside from getting elbowed in the eye in the mosh pit)

and to close it off....

our lady peace. the absolute WORST live band i've ever had to stand through. they were playing live but i still sounded exactly like the cd. sounding like plastic live is bad.

Sasquatch

Reaction score
My first was Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention...at the old War Memorial in Rochester, NY, in June of 1975. To this day I`ve still not seen a show as innovative, and entertaining. Chester Thompson drummed like I`ve never seen anyone drum, and George Duke was amazing on the keyboard. I won`t say what a great job FZ did with his guitar, that would be redundant...he`s one of the best EVER.

Jack

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
My most MEMORABLE concert in the 80's would be between The Who in '88 and Robert Plant the same year...both concerts were so excellent, man!
The Who were LOUD and they absolutely ROCKED, and I got chills when Plant sung In The Evening....at that time it was almost like seeing Zeppelin.

Joey Self

A Voice Of Reason
Reaction score
33 years ago this very moment, I was at my first concert--Grand Funk in Little Rock, Arkansas. I remember because it the birthday of a good friend, and I'd been out running around with him the night before. He didn't go to the concert, but we talked about it that night, so it stuck in my mind.

JcS

Joey Self

A Voice Of Reason
Reaction score
Martha Washington said:
you remember what album they were touring on Joey?

PHOENIX. The events recounted on "We're An American Band" with 'Sweet Sweet Connie' in Little Rock supposedly took place that night.

JcS

Sasquatch

Reaction score
RoxorFuxor said:
I saw The Allman Bros. Band. I didn't enjoy it. They didn't want to be there and it really killed the mood. They didn't really play that many songs I like, either. After that, I kind of got bored with them.
I`ve seen The Allman Brothers 11 times, and not even once did they seem to "not want to be there" . Every single time was almost like seeing them for the first time again. I`m sorry that you didn`t enjoy yourself. I consider the Allman Brothers Band to be one of the very best blues/rock groups there ever was. Perhaps you should give them another chance sometime. I saw them with and without Duane, and with and without Dicky Betts...I gotta say those guys transition like noone I`ve ever seen.

Jack

BTW...I`ve seen Dicky`s band three times too, and they`re pretty damned good.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online