What was Lennon thinking?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Lennon was apparently a pretty prolific LSD user...He claimed to have tripped over 1,000 times.

As a side, though...Revolution #9 is one of my favorite Beatles songs...:peek

That is a lot of "flight time" DOC.;)

Although my post was in jest, there is a definite synergy when you are in the same space as the artists who created a song. In my younger days, a friend of mine got hold of some "Medicinal Quality" ether, and we indulged ourselves. I'll never forget playing The Doors greatest hits album over and over again, Riders on the Storm, Light My Fire were mesmerizing and fit perfectly with our drugged out condition.

It would take something like that to get me to enjoy Revolution #9, because experimental or not it remains my least favorite Beatles song of all time.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
^^Perhaps Revolution #9 should have come with a list of the "drugs, chemicals, hallucinogenics" that you need to be in exactly the same frame of mind as the Beatles were when they recorded it...:think:

:oyea:

Now THAT'S one hell of an album gimmick!! The Cheech and Chong rolling paper wouldn't have stood a chance. :oyea:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
But I like Rev. 9 as well. But in context with the album more so than a single track. For me it needs Cry Baby Cry and Goodnight as bookends :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Can't agree with you about that tune MP,,,it will remain the worst thing they ever recorded to me, experimentation while laudable doesn't always yield a good song as in this case.

I think it would win hands down in any Beatles song poll as the worst track they ever did..:think:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
On that note you're probably right. I know Paul and George Martin didn't want it. I think I like it cause I was sooo freaked out by it as a kid, as well as The White Album as a whole.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Can't agree with you about that tune MP,,,it will remain the worst thing they ever recorded to me, experimentation while laudable doesn't always yield a good song as in this case.

I think it would win hands down in any Beatles song poll as the worst track they ever did..:think:

Yep...I agree completely. When I listen to "The White Album" I always go "This time I'll get through it without skipping 'Revolution #9' and sure enough I get maybe...a minute into the song and go '**** this!' and skip it." :heheh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Staff online

Members online