What was Lennon thinking?

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score
I was never a huge John Lennon solo fan. (Huge McCartney fan though) I like a few of his songs but other than that I'm largely unfamiliar with his work outside the Beatles. I was going through his discography last night when I saw three albums I had never heard of before released in '68 and '69. The site said they were experimental albums made with Yoko. I went to youtube to see if they were on there and proceeded to listen. :tc:

What was he thinking?

Apparently the second one only sold 5,000 copies in it's initial release so I can't be the only one who thinks it's utter garbage. I'm not going to post it here. If you want to check it out, just look for Unfinished Music No.1: Two Virgins and Unfinished Music No.2: Life with the Lions. I haven't heard the third album.

Is there something there I'm not getting?

I'm sure some of you are already familiar with them. If so, let me know your thoughts. If you haven't, give it a go and tell me what you think.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I don't like any of Lennon work, however I listened to Dirty Mac, quite a good jam, but adding Yoko on vocal was the most horrible thing I have ever heard. Whole Lotta Yoko for those interested.

And I agree - he didn't think.

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score
I don't like any of Lennon work, however I listened to Dirty Mac, quite a good jam, but adding Yoko on vocal was the most horrible thing I have ever heard. Whole Lotta Yoko for those interested.

And I agree - he didn't think.

"I bet Keith wanted to kill Yoko." is one of the comments on youtube. :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I think John has done some really good solo albums, not on the same level as Paul but three of them I consider very good.

As far as the experimental stuff you are talking about RS, I'll pass. I am not a big Yoko fan, and it almost brings a tear to my eye thinking what John might have done without her being part of his solo career.:(

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yeah those are three wierd albums for sure. As a collector I have all three. One of the better/sadder pieces was the baby's heartbeat followed by 2 minutes of silence. Yoko had miscarried this child but the heartbeat was documented on this record (Life With The Lions)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
There is some Yoko music that's ok but I will admit to finding it funny that all of these "scream" and "moaning" pieces all have different titles. :wtf:

I mean....how does one tell the difference. How does SHE tell the difference. Is their one little "Whuuuhhh" at say 3:25 somewhere that the other pieces don't have?

:hm:

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score
I am not a big Yoko fan, and it almost brings a tear to my eye thinking what John might have done without her being part of his solo career.:(

Yeah It's too bad, although he probably thought she was the best thing that ever happened to him (besides being a Beatle) and who knows: from what I've read about him in last hour or so, maybe she was.

Anyways, most of the stuff I like is on Double Fantasy. I know critics weren't too high on it, but he may well have been making an epic comeback.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online