What Rock Songs Should Have Been Radio Hits?

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Good topic.. And I agree with alot of the post that say this song is played to death and other songs off the album don't get any attention.
I grew up in Southern Cal. and northern Cal till 1991.
The FM stations played mostly soft rock. ie. Chicago.. Three dog night. BEATLES.. Guess Who..Steely Dan etc..etc. etc.. alot of one hit wonders.
The only time I would hear anything new would be at someones house or car playing artist I never heard before.
I often try to figure out why Robin Trower was never played on the radio. It was like Jimi Hendrix was the only artist they wanted to endorse.
On that note.. most of Robin Trowers stuff I would consider soft rock.. Or blues rock..
This song I'll post because it's a cool song off his "In City Dreams" LP

Cozy 4ever

Reaction score
just Rainbow in general

They should have broken through to the American & Canadian audiences more...it's a shame that their amazing music has been so restricted to mostly Britain/Germany/Japan. I suppose that's mostly thanks to Blackmore's bullshit as usual, but I still wish they had really been bigger and more popular over here.

Even after they went full sellout and hired on Joe Lynn Turner and that clown of a drummer from Long Island, they still never went much further than "Stone Cold" and "Street of Dreams" getting kinda semi-well-known.

Old Dude

I do not suffer fools gladly.
Reaction score
Look at it from a different perspective. Getting radio airplay is the result of the suits at your label bribing the suits who run the radio companies. Getting radio airplay isn't a honor awarded to the excellent, though the suits would have you believe that. Getting radio airplay is the ultimate sign of being a sell-out.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online